I was thinking why is there no parts which can do this.

Hello so i recently discovered the difference from watercooling and phase change isn't really that big.

On the picture you can see what i mean. Why is there no part which can ease up the pressure like the valve on the picture?

Wouldent this be much more effective? Would also require longer tubes.

Untitled.png

I don't think the idea is exactly the same as in phase change, you are using the water to carry the heat away, not exactly to cool using the water itself.

Doing some sort of phase change would be a bit hard. The closes you find to that is the "bong" cooling and heatpite heatsinks.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

Its called Phase change but it cools your CPU down to -50 temperatures and is expensive and consumes a lot of power

17 minutes ago, Inimigor said:

I don't think the idea is exactly the same as in phase change.

You don't think this is phase change? then what is it? can you describe it?

OK, so you know how liquid/water cooling works, right?  cold water is pumped over the part, where it picks up heat from the chip, thus cooling it and warming the water.  Then this water is pumped through a radiator where fans blow cool air over the water, thus cooling the water and warming the air.

Phase change is a lot more complicated actually. If you want to learn more, you can read up on thermodynamics and how an air conditioner works, but the basic principles are that when you compress a gas, it gets hotter and when you let it expand, it gets colder, so to cool a gas you could compress it, cool it down with the surrounding air, and then let it expand again, thus making it even colder than the air used for cooling.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

This is how a fridge works. It was invented 100 years ago. How is this "a lot more complicated" than my sketch?

fridge still.jpg

2 minutes ago, xgn said:

This is how a fridge works. It was invented 100 years ago. How is this "a lot more complicated" than my sketch?

fridge still.jpg

Because a lot of people can easily understand things getting hotter and colder, but now we're talking about other thermodynamic principles that aren't so obvious.

If you fully understand the fridge diagram, why did you post this?  It works exactly the same.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Because a lot of people can easily understand things getting hotter and colder, but now we're talking about other thermodynamic principles that aren't so obvious.

If you fully understand the fridge diagram, why did you post this?  It works exactly the same.

Because there is no condenser or expansion parts for watercooling.

3 minutes ago, xgn said:

Because there is no condenser or expansion parts for watercooling.

you're right, but there are in phase change.

11 minutes ago, xgn said:

You don't think this is phase change? then what is it? can you describe it?

I meant the idea of watercooling, not what you are trying to do.

Also Phase Change is usually noisy, consumes a lot of electricity or it's very small difference in doing it.

Phase change consists of using the change of state from Liquid to Gas in order to use thermodynamics to generate/dissipate energy (in this case, heat) You can do it by compressing something gas until it turns liquid, use kinectic energy, such as in Bong Cooling, or using volatile liquids to reduce the point of boiling. In all these scenarios, you use the phase chaning itself to cool. Watercooler is more of a heatsink with very different heatpipes, wich uses water instead of cooper pipes to conduce the heat for the heatsink.

Completely different concepts IMO.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

you're right, but there are in phase change.

I havent seen it. Only complete systems and they costs a lot. Thanks for help anywhow ;) Yea i know how watercooling works. I buildt it on my pc.