Black Noctua fans... Yes! But when?

The Great Sayain Man

Hey Guys im currently building my new Pc and i use 8 Noctua Fans (5 NF- F12 and 3 NF-A15) to cool my rads (simple cause of the great performance) but they look... ugly. Yes i already knew that they look bad but now that they are inside my build...  :wacko: Then searched for black Noctua fans and found a vid that showed some black Noctua fans. I was like fuck yeah but.. when will they hit the market? Does anyone knows a release date?  (Btw random Ninja  :ph34r: .) 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

I dont think so.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

PROTOTYPES! May or may not hit the market.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

You might want to spell that again

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Hey Guys im currently building my new Pc and i use 8 Noctua Fans (5 NF- F12 and 3 NF-A15) to cool my rads (simple cause of the great performance) but they look... ugly. Yes i already knew that they look bad but now that they are inside my build... :wacko: Then searched for black Noctua fans and found a vid that showed some black Noctua fans. I was like fuck yeah but.. when will they hit the market? Does anyone knows a release date? (Btw random Ninja :ph34r: .)

Nowhere ever. They're never going to be released, they're intended as server only Noctua fans that will function at high noise and RPM. Not consumer fans, noeep.

They will release different colored schemes (flat black is not specified) on lower sku budget fans in the future.

Error: 410

1st. Those fans weren't even announced for release, they're prototypes

2nd. Those fans will be quite even more expensive because theyre targeted for industrial-grade customers, like those 1.2TB PCI-E SSDs and stuff.

3rd. Don't expect them to be better, they may look better but noctua will probably focus on strengh and failure rates and all that.

I dont care about pricing (I have spended 5k on my Pc) 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

I dont care about pricing (I have spended 5k on my Pc) 

I'm going to be mad if you have Sli 780s and only a 1080p monitor...

They said in Q1 of 2014 and they are going to be cheaper than the brown ones as it wont have all the bells and whistles. NO low noise adapter, no rubber mounts, No rubber corners. Linus covered all of this when he did the video at CES or was it CompuTex

They said in Q1 of 2014 and they are going to be cheaper than the brown ones as it wont have all the bells and whistles. NO low noise adapter, no rubber mounts, No rubber corners. Linus covered all of this when he did the video at CES or was it CompuTex

I believe that refers to the noctua redux line of fans, which are grey, not black.

The noctua black fans are industrial fans, which Linus did also cover in his CES video

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

I believe that refers to the noctua redux line of fans, which are grey, not black.

The noctua black fans are industrial fans, which Linus did also cover in his CES video

Your right I went back and watched the video

http://youtu.be/E7Y9dV0XX6s?t=1m5s

black in industrial fans gray is the cheaper ones

IMO, black Noctuas would lose all of their character. It'd be like if Lian Li decided they wanted to make cheap <50 dollar plastic transformer cases. It goes against their image. Don't like Noctua fans? Get a different fan and stop complaining.

IMO, black Noctuas would lose all of their character. It'd be like if Lian Li decided they wanted to make cheap <50 dollar plastic transformer cases. It goes against their image. Don't like Noctua fans? Get a different fan and stop complaining.

No Noctua fans are awesome but the coulour...

I'm going to be mad if you have Sli 780s and only a 1080p monitor...

I have a 1440p Monitor ^^

No Noctua fans are awesome but the coulour...

I actually like the colour. I find plain black fans to be boring in general, though. Wish there were more fans out there with red blades, actually. The Enermax magma is more orange in person and the fans from Phanteks are so washed out dull looking.

I actually like the colour. I find plain black fans to be boring in general, though. Wish there were more fans out there with red blades, actually. The Enermax magma is more orange in person and the fans from Phanteks are so washed out dull looking.

The colour gives it great character, and makes it distinctive. I personally quite like it. I just feel that it's a lot harder to match with themed builds, and will often stand out. I think the idea is we just want more choices.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

The colour gives it great character, and makes it distinctive. I personally quite like it. I just feel that it's a lot harder to match with themed builds, and will often stand out. I think the idea is we just want more choices.

Yeah, that makes sense if someone is going all out with matching hardware. This probably bothers me less since I don't care for cases with windows that much, but I can see why some people would want something a little diff. At least they match an Asus Sabertooth board just fine. :D

Tbh Noctuas are pretty over rated, they aren't bad fans, but something like a NB BSP or ELoop blow an NF-F12 out of the water

Every fan is overrated by some and underrated by others. Most of the really high end ones perform within a couple of degrees of each other anyway, so often for these it comes down to looks and availability of the exact model you want. I love Noctua but have NB eLoops because they just make it so much easier to match the colours in my system if I ever decide to liquid cool and do sleeving etc. That and I got to try something new, and they're great!

Yeah, that makes sense if someone is going all out with matching hardware. This probably bothers me less since I don't care for cases with windows that much, but I can see why some people would want something a little diff. At least they match an Asus Sabertooth board just fine. :D

I have a dark/red/blue theme and yeah they don't look to great inside of it.

I have a dark/red/blue theme and yeah they don't look to great inside of it.

Well Noctua Redux should be out soon, and that'll be grey if you can get it to match. Else I'd really just recommend getting some Noiseblockers. It's really tough to tell when the Noctua Industrial Fans will be out, and how difficult it will be to get them.

Tbh Noctuas are pretty over rated, they aren't bad fans, but something like a NB BSP or ELoop blow an NF-F12 out of the water

Most fans don't run that well underwater :blink:

NF-F12s are the highest regarded fan out there though, but perform pretty terrible at anything over 1250. If Linus didn't rave about them then nobody would give a crap because they aren't good enough to deserve the attention they get. NB ELoops are actually amazing fans and are so much more silent that. Anything noctua has on the market and look better doing it.

The only downside is you can't run them in pull on a rad.

Well the no pull on a rad can be a pretty big downside. And for every good review you can find for NB, you can find a good review for Noctua, so it's not just Linus raving about them, they are well respected fans. Honestly the differences are so small between fans that you just get what's most convenient.

For the most part I don't run fans above 1250 anyway(except on my server), so I think low RPM performance is a very big factor. Most people looking for Noctua/Noiseblocker are looking for as quiet as possible, so it's not exactly an invalid point.

If I ever did a full liquid cooling loop, I'd probably use both Noiseblocker and Noctua if I do push/pull. Noiseblocker for push, Noctua for pull. Great performance from both, can hide the Noctua from messing up my colour scheme, and the Noiseblockers look sweet. As for now I enjoy my NH-D14 with Noctua fans, and my NB eLoops for case fans.

Most NF-F12 reviews actually talk down the fan for its motor noise at high rpm. Which I maintain is a valid point. Any semi decent fan is good below 1100 rpm or so. If I'm paying $22 for a fan I want it to be inaudible at high rpm too. Otherwise why not just get spectres if your sitting on 1000rpm? Makes no sense to me.

Yes you definitely have a valid point. Just don't make Noctua out to be useless overrated fans, because they have earned a reputation over years, and they definitely have their merits.