Well, so liquid system from EKWB ? Or stick with air cooler Noctua NH D15?

Hey guys/ girls, did any one have their systems installed? Would you suggest them? And also , although on the website , it give option to send to other countries, is it true, was there any problems with that??

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

EKWB is one of the best in the watercooling market. Would definitely recommend them. 

I've never actually ordered from them directly, only through other retailers. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

EKWB is one of the best in the watercooling market. Would definitely recommend them. 

I've never actually ordered from them directly, only through other retailers. 

How big is the risk when installing the liquid system?  I saw, that even professional , had a lick in system , and had a lot of damage in pc! Would you recommend? 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

I've bought and used one of their "build-it-yourself" watercooling kits and ordered parts from them all the way from over in Australia.

I'd highly suggest using them for quality of parts, and if it's your first cooling loop (and you're not sure of your skills for building something from parts) I'd suggest getting one of EKWB's pre-filled Predator AIO loops (240mm for just a CPU, 360mm with QDC's for CPU + GPU).

Edited by Technous285
Typo correction

13 minutes ago, Technous285 said:

I've bought and used one of their "build-it-yourself" watercooling kits and ordered parts from them all the way from over in Australia.

I'd highly suggest using them for quality of parts, and if it's your first cooling loop (and you're not sure of your skills for building something from parts) I'd suggest geiing one of EKWB's pre-filled Predator AIO loops (240mm for just a CPU, 360mm with QDC's for CPU + GPU).

Thx for that mate!

Yeah EKWB seems to be the go-to for alot of youtubers out there. JayzTwoCents in particular has done a TON of builds with their blocks and such. I think I've seen Linus and Paul's Hardware do builds with them as well. I know that when I get around to having the cash to upgrade off my Corsair AIO and get custom water cooling, EKWB is where i'm headed.

And yes good suggestion on the predator AIO loops, not only are they good stand alone kits, but if in a year or two you want to go full custom loops, you can just hook up all the parts from you predator kit into your actual loop with no issues or modding necessary, which is really cool.

Guys, it is so hard some times to decide!!!

The struggle is real!!

Or to make your pc look like a total beast ? Or go for safe? with not so attractive air cooling ?

I mean, i never hear the real noise with liquid cooler , i know , that when i go to sleep , i cant drop my NH D15 noctua  , to 500-600 rpm, and it will do fine, even when the temp in room , is 30 C' . And it will be quiet , but i don't know if i can do the same with liquid , and it will remain with same silent mode?!

I am thinking about the noise from the pump ?! Also , will it be able remain temp below 40 degree , when running movie in back ground ? ( This is what i do , i watch movie , while all on quiet mode, only CPU with 500 rpm ) .

Also , a lot of people says , that in hot countries , like mine, Israel, it is not recommended to use liquid loop, cause it will get over heated and damaged . I don't have air-conditioner in my room , so , might it be bad fro my system? and if i will get , still, should i get a liquid loop or not??  I am not over clocking , but still, i love to have cooled components ! And to look sweet .  So what you will suggest ?

(Little reminder, that all parts fro liquid loop , i need to order, as well as the water , and i never tried liquid build )

I will appreciate if you could drop your thoughts and reasons .

Thx to all. 

If you have the money I would go with the ek loop. They are rather quiet. But if your not doing some serious OC'ing or live in a rather hot part of the world I would just stay with the air cooler.

Perhaps get yourself a decent 240mm closed-loop All-in-one cooler first. I had a Maximus VII Hero and 4790k with my Corsair H105 and I could never hear the pump or fans on the radiator and my CPU still kept at decent temperatures. Corsair is the only water-cooling company that will replace all the hardware damaged if one of their water coolers break.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

1 minute ago, Manage My Cables said:

If you have the money I would go with the ek loop. They are rather quiet. But if your not doing some serious OC'ing or live in a rather hot part of the world I would just stay with the air cooler.

As i asked.. explain please...  i dont really care about money , i will get it if needed, i interested to know, if the hot weather will damage the system. Lets imagine, i am not home, the pc not running, its off, but in the room the temp is 34 C"

3 minutes ago, keavlar said:

As i asked.. explain please...  i dont really care about money , i will get it if needed, i interested to know, if the hot weather will damage the system. Lets imagine, i am not home, the pc not running, its off, but in the room the temp is 34 C"

No, Since your parts are going to be around 80 degrees c under load. And it doesn't get that hot anywhere on earth your system will be fine.

1 minute ago, Manage My Cables said:

No, Since your parts are going to be around 80 degrees c under load. And it doesn't get that hot anywhere on earth your system will be fine.

Thx, but still , i want to hear more opinions, don't take it personal man xD 

Liquid cooling isn't going to get much benefit performance wise if your not overclocking,  but there isn't any issues running it in hot climates, the more surface area the more cooling potential still. Only thing to note is that your lowest possible temps will not be able to go lower than ambient. 

If your worried about pump noise I would recommend a D5 as they tend to be the most silent with the PWM option to lower and control the pump speed.

39 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Guys, it is so hard some times to decide!!!

The struggle is real!!

Or to make your pc look like a total beast ? Or go for safe? with not so attractive air cooling ?

I mean, i never hear the real noise with liquid cooler , i know , that when i go to sleep , i cant drop my NH D15 noctua  , to 500-600 rpm, and it will do fine, even when the temp in room , is 30 C' . And it will be quiet , but i don't know if i can do the same with liquid , and it will remain with same silent mode?!

I am thinking about the noise from the pump ?! Also , will it be able remain temp below 40 degree , when running movie in back ground ? ( This is what i do , i watch movie , while all on quiet mode, only CPU with 500 rpm ) .

Also , a lot of people says , that in hot countries , like mine, Israel, it is not recommended to use liquid loop, cause it will get over heated and damaged . I don't have air-conditioner in my room , so , might it be bad fro my system? and if i will get , still, should i get a liquid loop or not??  I am not over clocking , but still, i love to have cooled components ! And to look sweet .  So what you will suggest ?

(Little reminder, that all parts fro liquid loop , i need to order, as well as the water , and i never tried liquid build )

I will appreciate if you could drop your thoughts and reasons .

Thx to all. 

The only reason to go with a custom water loop on 1150 Socket is looks.

The temps won't really improve from water cooling that much. I was running a 4790k with a Nh-D15 as well. Unless you have more heat coming from the CPU (like a 5820k or 5960x) you won't benefit from better cooling much. Maybe a couple degrees at best. 2011 socket is were water cooling gives you much better performance than air cooling.

If you desperately want 100-200Mhz more overclock I guess go for it but If you want to have a quiet system stick with the Nh-D15 because there are less moving parts (no pump noise).

The only harm that can come from a liquid cooler system is that it has a leak. The overheating you are worrying about is not going to happen.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Vode said:

The only reason to go with a custom water loop on 1150 Socket is looks.

The temps won't really improve from water cooling that much. I was running a 4790k with a Nh-D15 as well. Unless you have more heat coming from the CPU (like a 5820k or 5960x) you won't benefit from better cooling much. Maybe a couple degrees at best. 2011 socket is were water cooling gives you much better performance than air cooling.

If you desperately want 100-200Mhz more overclock I guess go for it but If you want to have a quiet system stick with the Nh-D15 because there are less moving parts (no pump noise).

The only harm that can come from a liquid cooler system is that it has a leak. The overheating you are worrying about is not going to happen.

About the leak, how often it happen , also, what is the possibly it can happen , when all connected correctly, i mean, as i said, there were loops on YouTube of popular you-tubers with tech stuff, that even their loop leaked, i want to have also a sexy pc, been quiet not that important for me, i just want to be sure, that it safe to install liquid, but i know it almost impossible to promise safety 

40 minutes ago, keavlar said:

About the leak, how often it happen , also, what is the possibly it can happen , when all connected correctly, i mean, as i said, there were loops on YouTube of popular you-tubers with tech stuff, that even their loop leaked, i want to have also a sexy pc, been quiet not that important for me, i just want to be sure, that it safe to install liquid, but i know it almost impossible to promise safety 

Leaks only happen if you don't treat the hardware the way it should be treated or if the hardware is faulty in the first place. Some examples are being rough with tubing causing it to become loose, leaving fittings loose or over-tightening fittings and re-using tubing which is damaged from the pressure. As long as you follow a guide from someone who knows what they're doing and are patient, you'll be fine. You should check out Jayztwocents on Youtube for guides.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

THX

Looks like your case can support a 360mm radiator in the top and a 240/280mm radiator in the front. If you have both of these mounts filled then you should be able to run your fans at the lowest possible speed and have a silent system.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

2 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Looks like your case can support a 360mm radiator in the top and a 240/280mm radiator in the front. If you have both of these mounts filled then you should be able to run your fans at the lowest possible speed and have a silent system.

ye , but still, need cool air for the GPU,cant liquid cool it yet, i need to get a better GPU first, but the 1080 right now, is so bullshit, i mean, 1000$ for real????  in USA ints 600$ and rest of world 1000

You will get enough air for the GPU through the radiator. I have the same setup as you because I'm waiting for Vega before I add my GPU to my loop. You also have the rear fan for exhaust so there should not be a build up of hot air in your system even if you have a custom cooled GPU.

1080 is super overpriced here in Australia too, about $950 US.

4 hours ago, keavlar said:

How big is the risk when installing the liquid system?  I saw, that even professional , had a lick in system , and had a lot of damage in pc! Would you recommend? 

There is ALWAYS the possibility of a small leak somewhere in the system if you miss tightening a fitting or incorrectly connecting something, take things slow and double check everything for the best results. The easiest way to prevent a leak at the start is to put down paper towels everywhere and run the loop by itself for 24+ hours to ensure nothing is leaking. Monitor constantly for the first couple hours and if you don't notice any drips then you can leave it and check on it every few hours from then on out. If you get through the 24 hour leak test period just fine then as long as you aren't swinging your system around all crazy like then you're pretty much good to go. Even professionals can miss something every once in a while.

As for EKWB's quality I've used them several times and I'm redoing my hardline loop with their parts again. I love their service and professionalism and the parts are top notch. There are other vendors out there who do a great job as well but I try to get all my parts from the same place whenever possible and enjoy support companies that have done me right in the past. Alphacool, Bitspower, and several others are also great companies that make high quality parts, I'm just partial to EK.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

47 minutes ago, Carclis said:

You will get enough air for the GPU through the radiator. I have the same setup as you because I'm waiting for Vega before I add my GPU to my loop. You also have the rear fan for exhaust so there should not be a build up of hot air in your system even if you have a custom cooled GPU.

Yeah , so damn bullshit, i mean, maybe just to get 980ti and thats all?   About the fan placement . I use front to take air in , the top to take out, as well as the back and under .. Or you saying to do it other way? 

2 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Yeah , so damn bullshit, i mean, maybe just to get 980ti and thats all?   About the fan placement . I use front to take air in , the top to take out, as well as the back and under .. Or you saying to do it other way? 

Air naturally rises so it's a good idea to have the top as an exhaust and the front as an intake. It's up to you as to how the rest goes but having the rear as an exhaust also would help in getting the hot air from the GPU out fast, but it would also result in a negative pressure system if that bothers you.

53 minutes ago, Carclis said:

5 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Meaning i have only one intake , rest of the is exhaust .. 

4 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Meaning i have only one intake , rest of the is exhaust .. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing. It just means that air will naturally be drawn from other places such as the bottom of the case. Certainly not ideal if you have the case sitting on carpet though.

To be clear your GPU will most likely see the same temperatures it currently does since you no longer have the CPU dumping hot air in the case also.