OG Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing Causing Problems

Hello,

So I decided that it would be a good idea to go ahead and follow the steps seen in the video below. I was able to complete the steps without a problem. I upped my resolution from 1920 by 1080 to 2560 by 1440 and everything went just fine after that. However when I went and restarted my computer I was getting no visual output of any kind. The monitor and computer were on but for some reason the monitor wasn't receiving input. I decided to take out the GPU (GTX 980) and see if connecting to the onboard graphics through DVI would at least allow me to access the computer, I first went into the UEFI BIOS and changed the video output to CPU Graphics. I was able to then access the computer normally. I then shutdown and added the GPU back in and logged back on using the onboard graphics. However I was unable to access Nvidia Control Panel to reset the resolution settings to default. I tried then setting the default video input back to PCIe to see if it would work. It did, but only after a very long boot time. I went back in and changed the Nvidia Control Panel settings back to default and restarted to see if the problem was actually solved. When I restarted the same thing happened as before, no input to the monitor. Does anyone have any helpful advice that may lead to a solution?

System Specifications:

Maximus VII Hero

Intel Core i7 4790k

16GB Corsair Vengeance

Geforce GTX 980

BenQ XL2420G (G-Sync)

Connected using Display Port

9 minutes ago, LaserBoss said:

Hello,

So I decided that it would be a good idea to go ahead and follow the steps seen in the video below. I was able to complete the steps without a problem. I upped my resolution from 1920 by 1080 to 2560 by 1440 and everything went just fine after that. However when I went and restarted my computer I was getting no visual output of any kind. The monitor and computer were on but for some reason the monitor wasn't receiving input. I decided to take out the GPU (GTX 980) and see if connecting to the onboard graphics through DVI would at least allow me to access the computer, I first went into the UEFI BIOS and changed the video output to CPU Graphics. I was able to then access the computer normally. I then shutdown and added the GPU back in and logged back on using the onboard graphics. However I was unable to access Nvidia Control Panel to reset the resolution settings to default. I tried then setting the default video input back to PCIe to see if it would work. It did, but only after a very long boot time. I went back in and changed the Nvidia Control Panel settings back to default and restarted to see if the problem was actually solved. When I restarted the same thing happened as before, no input to the monitor. Does anyone have any helpful advice that may lead to a solution?

System Specifications:

Maximus VII Hero

Intel Core i7 4790k

16GB Corsair Vengeance

Geforce GTX 980

BenQ XL2420G (G-Sync)

Connected using Display Port

Try deleting all the video drivers you have. That should force all the settings to reset.