Looking for best 120mm fans

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows what the best 120mm fans I can buy off of NCIX would be? I need four for my Corsair 760T case. I am less concerned about noise (although less would be better I guess), and more about cooling since I will only be liquid cooling my CPU (partly concerned about my other components getting overheated). I was wondering if anyone could recommend what type, form factor, brand, or even better model of fan I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance

Why 120mm when the case fits 140mm's?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/noctua-nf-f12-pwm-linus-tech-c7-119241.htm 

cant go wrong but if price is an issue can give some more realistic recommendations 

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why 120mm when the case fits 140mm's?

Case comes with 2 X 140 mm's in the front and 1 X 140mm in the rear. Still has room for 1 x 120mm in the bottom and either 3 X 120mm on the top or 2 X 140mm. I assume the 3 X 120mm would be better for the top.

2 minutes ago, Heewon said:

Case comes with 2 X 140 mm's in the front and 1 X 140mm in the rear. Still has room for 1 x 120mm in the bottom and either 3 X 120mm on the top or 2 X 140mm. I assume the 3 X 120mm would be better for the top.

Why get new fans in the first place? Are your temps too high?

Also, please paste as plain text. Your last post just destroyed formatting. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why get new fans in the first place?  Are your temps too high?
Also, please paste as plain text. Your last post just destroyed formatting. 

Not replacing the ones in the case. Just filling in the spaces that aren't filled yet. I don't have that much money to blow lol.

1 minute ago, Heewon said:

Not replacing the ones in the case. Just filling in the spaces that aren't filled yet. I don't have that much money to blow lol.

Yeah--but why? Are your temps too high?

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yeah--but why? Are your temps too high?

I am paying for case assembly, including cable management. I am avoiding custom loops and just getting liquid CPU cooling with h110i. However, I do potentially plan on Overclocking and SLIing at the same time, so I definitely can see heat being an issue (with little doubt). I would rather invest and make sure air cooling is at 100%.

5 minutes ago, Heewon said:

That is the one I picked out from reading reviews online. Any chance you have these yourself?

They're expensive but they're good. They're also more expensive than the regular versions and no different other than the theme. I've had a few of every NF-F12 variant and they're one of my less preferred noctua fans since other options are usually quieter. 

2x 140mm's at the top would perform similarly but better than 3x 120mm's. http://www.ncix.com/detail/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-linus-tech-10-119243.htm

If you want a quiet system and have money to spare, you should replace the stock fans with NF-A14's as well. 

7 minutes ago, Heewon said:

That is the one I picked out from reading reviews online. Any chance you have these yourself?

I've got the NFF12 industrial editions 2000RPM which are more expensive with a bigger range of RPM. They are fantastic on my h100i have never had to put them over 1000rmp except to find out how cool I could get my CPU. They are quite move tonnes of air even with the obstruction of the radiator. Having them around 700rmp gives the best balance with sound and cooling. 

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

1 hour ago, Heewon said:

I have 2 of the new NF-F12 2000rpm industrial on my Swiftech H220 and love em, whisper silent as expected with Noctua when you set the fan profile up correctly either in BIOS or through a fan controller. Noctua really are about the best you can get. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card