Gtx 1070 benchmarks by Hardware Unboxed

IPROXGio

Is nVidia lying or what?? They said GTX1070 is faster than Titan X. All I see is just bullshit.

Of course those companies always have to exaggerate the numbers.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Just now, CTR640 said:

Is nVidia lying or what?? They said GTX1070 is faster than Titan X. All I see is just bullshit.

It's a hair faster on some games. But I get your point fairly disengenious, as much as the other famous claim: DOUBLE THE PERFORMANCE!.......in VR games

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

It's a hair faster on some games. But I get your point fairly disengenious, as much as the other famous claim: DOUBLE THE PERFORMANCE!.......in VR games

Exactly.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Well, GPU is pretty great. Currently best choice for 1440p, but its better to wait for competition to compare it against. 

Still I hope that VAT and stuff don't destroy the price here.

28 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Its marketing..

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Its marketing..

No, it's lying. You can't just call this marketing nor nVidia...

DAC/AMPs:

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

If that's lying then so is any wireless carrier claiming to be the best or fastest and then in tiny print putting stuff like "only in city x, y, z" in fine print, or claiming unlimited 4G data and saying "we'll slow your speed after using a few gigs". It's not something people like to see but sadly that sort of stuff is allowed since they put up the disclaimer.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

I think they could get away with calling it (the 1070 > Titan X claim) marketing as long as the 1070 beats the Titan X in some games.

Not that it's in any way a good thing to do, as consumer trust gets lower and lower each time Nvidia pulls shit like that.

Potato

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Its partially true in some games that the 1070 is faster than the titan X. Its still "OK" to say it in marketing. They don't have to disclose 100% detail of where the 1070 outperforms and whatnot. 

1 minute ago, jollander said:

I think they could get away with calling it (the 1070 > Titan X claim) marketing as long as the 1070 beats the Titan X in some games.

Not that it's in any way a good thing to do, as consumer trust gets lower and lower each time Nvidia pulls shit like that.

Exactly. nVidia won't fool me with their bullshit as I already lost trust in them.

It is really a shame because nVidia were really good back in the days. Once AMD shows so much less about Polaris

and Vega coming later, nVidia has free space now.

DAC/AMPs:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

If that's lying then so is any wireless carrier claiming to be the best or fastest and then in tiny print putting stuff like "only in city x, y, z" in fine print, or claiming unlimited 4G data and saying "we'll slow your speed after using a few gigs". It's not something people like to see but sadly that sort of stuff is allowed since they put up the disclaimer.

That's why I'll always use wifi. Wireless carrier always put dirty tricks.

DAC/AMPs:

Holy balls, the Hardware Unboxed video puts Lukes video to shame.

LTT really need to re-evaluate there format for GPU reviews.

1 hour ago, kmanchine said:

Well, GPU is pretty great. Currently best choice for 1440p, but its better to wait for competition to compare it against. 

Still I hope that VAT and stuff don't destroy the price here.

Agreed, but I live in the US. So yeah.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, Phinix said:

Holy balls, the Hardware Unboxed video puts Lukes video to shame.

LTT really need to re-evaluate there format for GPU reviews.

Yeah I don't want to see Luke actually give a nice overall view of the card, enough numbers to know where the card stands and watch awesome fucking B-roll of the card, I rather listen to some douchebag read and show excel graphics for 20 fucking minutes.

Clearly superior entertainment. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

The 1070 is a great card, even better when AIB versions arrive. 

Dat 1080 tho. ;) 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Companies don't lie. It's a "marketing strategy". 

1070 is a great card for the price. It's looking like an amazing year for mainstream GPUs. 

Polaris reveal tomorrow! 

Only sports nerds will know...

Hmm... pretty sure in SW BF ,GTA V, Division, Crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor in gamespot and Luke's video the 1070 perform better... so within margin or error of the Titan X? Also thermal throttling and all that jazz. 

But anyway for about $380-$400 if the price for the custom cooler for 1080 is anything to goes by, this still seem like it will sit tightly in my PC as my 970 broke down recently. 

Also, a bit unrelated but in my country the price for 2nd hand Titan X have drop all the way to 480$, so if the seller of the 1070 at my country rise the price any higher than that ~ 430$ for the after market cooler version ... I might have a Titan X instead LOL, since it will probably drop even more

UPDATE: (Since I hate double post): 

Long story short, the GTX 1070 trade blow with Titan X/980Ti at stock speed, however when OC it beat those 2 hands down because OC on Pascal is much higher than OC on Maxwell. So... I really dont think nVidia lie when they said 1070 is better than Titan X. 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

There isn't any fine prints here.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

@IPROXGio

Please read the news section guidelines and edit your original post accordingly.  Until that's been done this thread will reside in the graphics card section.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Megazero said:

Hmm... pretty sure in SW BF ,GTA V, Division, Crysis 3, Shadow of Mordor in gamespot and Luke's video the 1070 perform better... so within margin or error of the Titan X? Also thermal throttling and all that jazz. 

But anyway for about $380-$400 if the price for the custom cooler for 1080 is anything to goes by, this still seem like it will sit tightly in my PC as my 970 broke down recently. 

Also, a bit unrelated but in my country the price for 2nd hand Titan X have drop all the way to 480$, so if the seller of the 1070 at my country rise the price any higher than that ~ 430$ for the after market cooler version ... I might have a Titan X instead LOL, since it will probably drop even more

UPDATE: (Since I hate double post): 

Long story short, the GTX 1070 trade blow with Titan X/980Ti at stock speed, however when OC it beat those 2 hands down because OC on Pascal is much higher than OC on Maxwell. So... I really dont think nVidia lie when they said 1070 is better than Titan X. 

Incorrect, maxwell GPU's actually overclock better. You have to look at the percentages. Most 980ti's can manage a 20% overclock, around 1420mhz over the stock boost clock of 1075mhz. While no one has been able to get over 15% with the FE Pascal cards. Most reviewers are getting approximately +200mhz over the stock boost clocks.

20 hours ago, CTR640 said:

It is in some games and lets not forget, the drivers are not mature yet. Even the OC softwares don't function properly yet.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Spanks the snot out of my gtx 970 >.>