When does Conputex start?

Surpuppa
9 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

The point is that the 980 Ti is no longer an extreme tier card. The 1070 seems pretty level with a 980 Ti, so I would expect a 490 to also be about level with a 980 Ti.

I wonder if AMD can make a profit selling a rebranded Fury X for $400 though. That's a huge die with expensive memory and that liquid cooler can't be cheap either.

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I wonder if AMD can make a profit selling a rebranded Fury X for $400 though. That's a huge die with expensive memory and that liquid cooler can't be cheap either.

Why would AMD do that? They got a lot of crap last year for doing that. So I think that AMD will probably have new architecture through and throughout at least on desktops. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Why would AMD do that? They got a lot of crap last year for doing that. So I think that AMD will probably have new architecture through and throughout at least on desktops. 

They could do that since Vega won't come out until October at the earliest, based on what we have heard.

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I thought you were saying that you hoped that there's a version of the GTX 1070 in the form factor of the R9 Nano, but I agree AMD should make a second edition of the R9 Nano.

Yeah I do, but I'm hoping more that AMD does it first so I don't have to buy an Nvidia card. But whoever makes it first, that's what I'm getting (as long as it's more powerful than the Nano).

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

They could do that since Vega won't come out until October at the earliest, based on what we have heard.

If they did that, they'd probably get so much shit. Though it is possible, I suppose.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

25 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

-snip-

We already have confirmation of a 480 and it looks like it's gonna be a beast.

96iXUa8.jpg

1 hour ago, Arc_Jester said:

We already have confirmation of a 480 and it looks like it's gonna be a beast.

That picture tells me nothing beyond "it exists", which I already knew.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It is an expensive card top produce, both with its ram and its die. The water cooler doesn't bother me. Not only is it a cheap off the shelf part but they'd be better off releasing it to board partners to air cool anyway. They should have done that in the first place.

The alternative is to have a 980 Ti-equivalent part in their Polaris lineup, which some people in this thread are doubting. Either they have, or they are relying on Fiji for another generation. Personally I think that by "mainstream" they mean "everything but Fury".

3 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

That picture tells me nothing beyond "it exists", which I already knew.

perhaps you missed the part where it says it's running DOOM at 1440p on a 144hz monitor. Now if the price is around the same as previous x80 card then that would be great.

5 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

perhaps you missed the part where it says it's running DOOM at 1440p on a 144hz monitor. Now if the price is around the same as previous x80 card then that would be great.

I could connect a 960 to a 4K monitor, it doesn't mean anything. You haven't given me a framerate that it is running at. What is the average? What are the minimums? What settings were chosen? At low a 285 should manage this.

As for performance, if the 480 is anything less than a 390 then they're doing it wrong. It shouldn't be called "a beast" for doing what is expected of it.

2 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

-snip-

No exact framerate for obvious reasons but I can tell you it's running 1440p VSR at a locked 60 or above and considering the price of x80 cards it should be very good Price to performance(this isn't confirmed).

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

3 hours ago, Arc_Jester said:

No exact framerate for obvious reasons but I can tell you it's running 1440p VSR at a locked 60 or above and considering the price of x80 cards it should be very good Price to performance(this isn't confirmed).

First of all how can you possibly tell me that?

Second of all, you're talking about this as if you were expecting the 480 to be the same as the 380, or for the 480 to launch at 390 prices. If you think this is amazing, then fucking hell wait until next generation...