When does Conputex start?

Surpuppa

When does computex start? I know that it is the 31st of May, but anyone who knows the time? I have been waiting forever for the footage from all of the tech channels

6 minutes ago, Surpuppa said:

When does computex start? I know that it is the 31st of May, but anyone who knows the time? I have been waiting forever for the footage from all of the tech channels

lol just wait it starts june 1st if I'm not mistaken because once it starts your subscribtion box will be filled with computex coverage

(I hope AMD brings good polaris cards)

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

11 hours ago, crysilis said:

lol just wait it starts june 1st if I'm not mistaken because once it starts your subscribtion box will be filled with computex coverage

(I hope AMD brings good polaris cards)

I hope they bring a 490 that offers 980 Ti performance for sub-$400. I'm only expecting an update on all the exciting things they're working to bring to us later in 2016. We'll see. I'd love nothing more than an R9 490 that makes me skip the whole "GTX 1070" thing.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

13 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I hope they bring a 490 that offers 980 Ti performance for sub-$400. I'm only expecting an update on all the exciting things they're working to bring to us later in 2016. We'll see. I'd love nothing more than an R9 490 that makes me skip the whole "GTX 1070" thing.

sub $400? Huh i thought It would have been for cheaper

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

15 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Well I think the R9 480X and or R9 490 will probably be on par or surpass the GTX 1070 by small margins. The 480X will probably be about identical to the GTX 1070, whereas the R9 490 will likely be slightly faster than the GTX 1070, and the R9 490X will butt up against the GTX 1080. Though Vega, will likely beat out the GTX 1080 and maybe even get close to or surpass the Pascal Titan. I think that would be in line with the top end of Polaris being slotted towards the mid to upper mid range of things and to the lower mid to lower end of things. Because the GTX 1070 is a(n) mid to upper mid range card. 

It'd be amazing to see GTX 1070 performance in the R9 480X at about $300. The 490/490X will probably cost the same or a little bit more than the the GTX 1070 and perform between the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080. 

Probably going to be a very similar story like last year at least until Vega drops. Which could change the tune a little bit for Navi and Volta. Especially if AMD can edge out Nvidia's offerings by a nice enough margin with Vega. It could set them up nicely for Navi.

Right now, I (and others) know for sure now that the GTX 1070 will be perfect for 1440p gaming at high to ultra settings getting 60fps or better. It's still a matter of time until we can find out if AMD will have something that is on par or slightly better than the GTX 1070 for less. Which is something that I really hope will happen. But if it doesn't, well EVGA ACX 3.0 (or Asus Strix) on a GTX 1070, here I come (if AMD doesn't have anything good).

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

10 hours ago, DEcobra11 said:

June 1st sure is a great day... a new kebab restaurant is opening that day and they'll offer free food :D!

xD

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

10 hours ago, wcreek said:

Well I think the R9 480X and or R9 490 will probably be on par or surpass the GTX 1070 by small margins. The 480X will probably be about identical to the GTX 1070, whereas the R9 490 will likely be slightly faster than the GTX 1070, and the R9 490X will butt up against the GTX 1080. Though Vega, will likely beat out the GTX 1080 and maybe even get close to or surpass the Pascal Titan. I think that would be in line with the top end of Polaris being slotted towards the mid to upper mid range of things and to the lower mid to lower end of things. Because the GTX 1070 is a(n) mid to upper mid range card. 

It'd be amazing to see GTX 1070 performance in the R9 480X at about $300. The 490/490X will probably cost the same or a little bit more than the the GTX 1070 and perform between the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080. 

Probably going to be a very similar story like last year at least until Vega drops. Which could change the tune a little bit for Navi and Volta. Especially if AMD can edge out Nvidia's offerings by a nice enough margin with Vega. It could set them up nicely for Navi.

Right now, I (and others) know for sure now that the GTX 1070 will be perfect for 1440p gaming at high to ultra settings getting 60fps or better. It's still a matter of time until we can find out if AMD will have something that is on par or slightly better than the GTX 1070 for less. Which is something that I really hope will happen. But if it doesn't, well EVGA ACX 3.0 (or Asus Strix) on a GTX 1070, here I come (if AMD doesn't have anything good).

I hope thye refresh the nano line and find a way to make it more affordable and powerful with no throttling

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

1 hour ago, crysilis said:

I hope thye refresh the nano line and find a way to make it more affordable and powerful with no throttling

@byalexandr Is hoping on that or there being a GTX 1070 that's as short (length and height) as the R9 Nano.

12 hours ago, wcreek said:

Where are you getting this over the top optimism about Polaris from? I doubt full Polaris 10 will be in the same class as the GTX 1070, much less the 1080. The best leaked benches have it a couple percent behind the R9 Fury, which would make it a great $300 card, and price is where they'd be competing with the 1070. But that seems to be the best case scenario, have we seen any benches showing Polaris beating 980 Ti? I can't recall any. And if I'm AMD and Polaris 10 is offering near Fury performance on 232mm^2 I'm telling the world ASAP, I'm letting the independent reviews drop the first week of June and not the end of June. 

I mean if they're getting Fury level performance on 232mm^2 it would be like the HD 7870 a few years ago. I'd be shouting that from the rooftops if I'm AMD, not hiding it behind a month long NDA.

6 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Where are you getting this over the top optimism about Polaris from? I doubt full Polaris 10 will be in the same class as the GTX 1070, much less the 1080. The best leaked benches have it a couple percent behind the R9 Fury, which would make it a great $300 card, and price is where they'd be competing with the 1070. But that seems to be the best case scenario, have we seen any benches showing Polaris beating 980 Ti? I can't recall any. And if I'm AMD and Polaris 10 is offering near Fury performance on 232mm^2 I'm telling the world ASAP, I'm letting the independent reviews drop the first week of June and not the end of June. 

I wouldn't really say that's optimism. It seems realistic for AMD to achieve this on Polaris. at least meeting the 1070 on the mid range and maybe being a slight bit ahead of it on the top end. That month long NDA could be for just about anything even if the event was called Polaris Tech Day, as I said somewhere else. It's possible that was a more detailed launch about Polaris and we'll get some info at Computex. 

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I wouldn't really say that's optimism. It seems realistic for AMD to achieve this on Polaris. at least meeting the 1070 on the mid range and maybe being a slight bit ahead of it on the top end. That month long NDA could be for just about anything even if the event was called Polaris Tech Day, as I said somewhere else. It's possible that was a more detailed launch about Polaris and we'll get some info at Computex. 

Equaling 1070 on a 232mm^2 chip would be a water into wine level of miracle. AMD has said over and over Polaris is a mainstream chip.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Equaling 1070 on a 232mm2 chip would be a water into wine level of miracle.

-_- If we want to get technical fine, but at 14nm even on a smaller die. Wouldn't that allow for there to be a similar amount of transistors? Yes GP104-400 and GP104-200 does have a bigger die. But it's also on a slightly larger manufacturing process. So it's possible at 14nm AMD is able to fit in the same amount of transistors as Nvidia. If that's what we're getting technical about. 

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

-_- If we want to get technical fine, but at 14nm even on a smaller die. Wouldn't that allow for there to be a similar amount of transistors? Yes GP104-400 and GP104-200 does have a bigger die. But it's also on a slightly larger manufacturing process. So it's possible at 14nm AMD is able to fit in the same amount of transistors as Nvidia. If that's what we're getting technical about. 

Much smaller die, slightly smaller process. Water into wine if they can match 1070.

Much smaller die, slightly smaller process. Water into wine if they can match 1070.

How, if AMD is able to get the same amount of transistors in to a smaller die and smaller process? Wouldn't that technically make the AMD card slightly more efficient too? Yeah by AMD using a smaller die it makes it interesting to see if they'll be able to fit about the same amount of transistors, but it's possible that 14nm FinFet allows them to get something similar to a 16nm FinFet design. It'll be a big wait and see, no reason to just pass AMD off like that. 

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

How, if AMD is able to get the same amount of transistors in to a smaller die and smaller process? Wouldn't that technically make the AMD card slightly more efficient too? Yeah by AMD using a smaller die it makes it interesting to see if they'll be able to fit about the same amount of transistors, but it's possible that 14nm FinFet allows them to get something similar to a 16nm FinFet design. It'll be a big wait and see, no reason to just pass AMD off like that. 

AMD themselves seems to be passing off the suggestion they'll be going after the highend market the 1070 and 1080 target. Nothing about the way they have been marketing Polaris indicates they're going after 980 Ti level performance with it, unlike say how they marketed Fiji as a Titan killer from the start.

8 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

AMD themselves seems to be passing off the suggestion they'll be going after the highend market the 1070 and 1080 target. Nothing about the way they have been marketing Polaris indicates they're going after 980 Ti level performance with it, unlike say how they marketed Fiji as a Titan killer from the start.

Vega I thought was intended to surpass Pascal and lead into Navi vs Volta.

Polaris will be the low to mid/upper mid end, I acknowledge this and that's what it sounds like AMD intends Polaris to be. The cheaper cards (like the R7 cards) will probably be the VR min spec cards. But the R9 480/480X and R9 490/490X will probably sit in between the GTX 1070. I think that seems realistic. Because if we're getting about Fury/Fury X performance or slightly above that out of the upper end of Polaris, that's about the range of the 980Ti, isn't it? Which the 980Ti is about where the GTX 1070 sits too, isn't it? I suppose the GTX 1070 does sometimes edge out the Titan X but I don't recall it doing that too often. I'm expecting the top end of Polaris to be in about that range. Maybe not spiking up into the mid 70s to low 80s for fps in 1440p gaming at ultra settings like the GTX 1070. But I certainly think that the 480X or 490 will easily beat out the R9 390X at least getting a solid 60fps in most games at 1440p at high to ultra settings.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Vega I thought was intended to surpass Pascal and lead into Navi vs Volta.

Polaris will be the low to mid/upper end, I acknowledge this and that's what it sounds like AMD intends Polaris to be. The cheaper cards (like the R7 cards) will probably be the VR min spec cards. But the R9 480/480X and R9 490/490X will probably sit in between the GTX 1070. I think that seems realistic. Because if we're getting about Fury/Fury X performance or slightly above that out of the upper end of Polaris, that's about the range of the 980Ti, isn't it? Which the 980Ti is about where the GTX 1070 sits too, isn't it? I suppose the GTX 1070 does sometimes edge out the Titan X but I don't recall it doing that too often. I'm expecting the top end of Polaris to be in about that range. Maybe not spiking up into the mid 70s to low 80s for fps in 1440p gaming at ultra settings like the GTX 1070. But I certainly think that the 480X or 490 will easily beat out the R9 390X at least getting a solid 60fps in most games at 1440p at high to ultra settings.

Are you trolling me bro? R7 cards are like $150 cards and will be nowhere close to VR spec. It's like saying you expect GTX 1050 to run VR.

13 hours ago, crysilis said:

sub $400? Huh i thought It would have been for cheaper

If I can get 980Ti/1070 performance for £300 I'm buying two of them. It'd still be cheaper than one ASUS 1080.

5 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Are you trolling me bro? R7 cards are like $150 cards and will be nowhere close to VR spec. It's like saying you expect GTX 1050 to run VR.

No, but wouldn't like the R7 470 be the VR min spec (290X/970 ish), a little lower than what the GTX 1060 will be in. Because the GTX 1060 will probably be the the VR min spec. I don't think the R7 460 would be VR min spec, but it'd probably be about R9 380 performance. Which I'm not sure if the R9 380 is really VR min spec. It's a great card for 1080p or turning down some settings in 1440p but not VR min spec. The GTX 1050 will probably have about GTX 960 performance. Maybe I'm high balling it a bit with an R7 470 being able to have 290X/970 performance. 

19 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Actually they have only said they will be targeting "mainstream". To me this implies that they will be replacing Hawaii, but not Fiji. This could mean that we will see a new 480/480X and the 490/490X will be rebranded Fiji, or it could not. We'll have to wait and see.

The point is that the 980 Ti is no longer an extreme tier card. The 1070 seems pretty level with a 980 Ti, so I would expect a 490 to also be about level with a 980 Ti.

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

No, but wouldn't like the R7 470 be the VR min spec, a little lower than what the GTX 1060 will be in. Because the GTX 1060 will probably be the the VR min spec. I don't think the R7 460 would be VR min spec, but it'd probably be about R9 380 performance. Which I'm not sure if the R9 380 is really VR min spec. It's a great card for 1080p or turning down some settings in 1440p but not VR min spec. The GTX 1050 will probably have about GTX 960 performance.

I imagine R7 470 is the Polaris 11 GPU AMD was showing off squaring against the GTX 950 at CES in January.

I imagine R7 470 is the Polaris 11 GPU AMD was showing off squaring against the GTX 950 at CES in January.

If that was the R7 470, oh that might not be good for AMD. If it was the R7 460, it might've been okay. Was that actually Polaris 11 or was it just Polaris?

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

@byalexandr Is hoping on that or there being a GTX 1070 that's as short (length and height) as the R9 Nano.

I was more hoping that AMD does it not Nvidia, I don't like Nvidia very much.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

I was more hoping that AMD does it not Nvidia, I don't like Nvidia very much.

I thought you were saying that you hoped that there's a version of the GTX 1070 in the form factor of the R9 Nano, but I agree AMD should make a second edition of the R9 Nano.