HyperX Cloud bass issue?

mazdarati2

So I just got the Cloud headset because I wanted more comfort and more bass than my older Philips SBC HP200. Comfort is great but I'm not sold on the bass. out of the box there is none and seting the Realtek settings to Party makes it a bit better but every review thinks the bass is great while I think it is lackluster. Any advice? I'm on a MSI B85-G42 Gaming.

I just shoved in my old pair of HyperX Clouds just for this!  I have Realtek audio drivers and aren't sure what comes with your specific motherboard, but if it has an equalizer, these are the settings I used to remedy the exact issue you're mentioning now.  Audio flatness be gone!

Untitled.jpg

Unfortunately, if you're into some major bass, I doubt they'll scratch your itch at all, to be honest, but this seems to liven them up quite well.

Thanks that was useful. Do you mind sharing the exact numbers?

Isn't the software running any feature modes? Like of example my ASUS Zenbook uses this obnoxious "music" setting (maxxaudio software) by default when you plug in headphones that severely mutes the dynamic range and removes bass.

Make sure everything is set to flat and default.

It used to be flat which was bad but the 'party' setting is a bit better. The one by Kaidesa is a bit better though.

Again, you won't get spectacular bass from the headset.  It's not really designed for anything spectacular.

The numbers, from low to high:

7, 5, 3, 1, -3, 0, 5, 5, 6, 8

Also, shoot me.  I hate looking at slanted V's.  Unfortunately, it was the only way I could get those things sounding half-way decent.