Bass Player Needs Speakers

Nick_

I play the bass guitar and electric guitar and recently purchased a digital amp. I love messing with its effects, but I do not like wearing headphones while listening. What are the best speakers for someone who wants to just hear guitar?

maybe this thing called a "guitar amp"

Behringer-GTX60-Guitar-Amplifier-60-Watt

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

maybe this thing called a "guitar amp"

Behringer-GTX60-Guitar-Amplifier-60-Watt

maybe this thing called read the post.

4 minutes ago, Nick_ said:

maybe this thing called read the post.

a guitar amp is just a speaker for a guitar

isnt that what youre asking for??

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

a guitar amp is just a speaker for a guitar

isnt that what youre asking for??

not one bit... i said I had a digital amp that means it is on my computer, and that i want speakers to output the sound.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but Behringer is the last amp manufacturer I'll ever recommend to anyone.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

22 minutes ago, Nick_ said:

not one bit... i said I had a digital amp that means it is on my computer, and that i want speakers to output the sound.

yeah...so you can connect your computer to the guitar amp and it will output sounds...

thats what "amp" means

amp = amplifier

19 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

I know this doesn't answer your question, but Behringer is the last amp manufacturer I'll ever recommend to anyone.

i wasnt recommending that specific one, just any guitar amp

but tbh behringer has improved a ton over the past half decade and their products now are really good budget options

especially their inuke amps, those are the best in the industry

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

but tbh behringer has improved a ton over the past half decade and their products now are really good budget options

Any self-respecting musician will opt for an amp from the likes of Marshall, Fender, Vox, ENGL, Mesa Boogie, Peavey etc...before Behringer.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

15 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yeah...so you can connect your computer to the guitar amp and it will output sounds...

thats what "amp" means

amp = amplifier

Yes but amps are highly specialized for the instrument for which they are designed.  They heavily colour the sound - just try playing a song through a guitar amp and you'll see what I mean ;)  If OP's got amp modeling software, he's going to need/want speakers to reproduce that sound accurately, and not colour it more.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 minutes ago, Enderman said:

thats what "amp" means

amp = amplifier

guess what bud, thats not what i asked for... get to fuck

1 minute ago, Nick_ said:

guess what bud, thats not what i asked for... get to fuck

you didnt specify what kind of speakers you wanted, and since you just mentioned "guitar" I assumed you would want something to reproduce guitar sounds...

maybe if you said something like "studio moniors" I could give you a different answer

but since you would rather just be rude with profanity, then good luck finding one yourself.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

you didnt specify what kind of speakers you wanted, and since you just mentioned "guitar" I assumed you would want something to reproduce guitar sounds...

maybe if you said something like "studio moniors" I could give you a different answer

but since you would rather just be rude with profanity, then good luck finding one yourself.

Speaker(s) =/= amplifier

16 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

Speaker(s) =/= amplifier

uh, all speakers need an amplifier to work...

passive speakers dont magically produce sound with no power

a "guitar amp" is just the name of a speaker+amplifier combined and specifically made to reproduce frequencies that a guitar does

it also comes with additional controls for bass, treble, reverb, etc...

so asking for "speakers" is actually asking for "speakers+amplifier" aka powered or active speakers

because buying a pair of passive speakers will be completely useless if you're trying to produce sound from a PC or guitar or phone or anything else

664523-691232-800.jpg

the one on the left is an active/powered speaker

aka speaker+amplifier

the one on the right is a passive speaker and needs a dedicated amp

they are not the same thing

either way, there needs to be an amp involved somewhere, and when someone asks for speakers you assume they want the speakers to make sound

in which case they need some kind of amp

Spoiler

51 minutes ago, Enderman said:

uh, all speakers need an amplifier to work...

I do recall the OP saying he has an amp.

8 hours ago, MegaDave91 said:

I do recall the OP saying he has an amp.

read:

10 hours ago, Nick_ said:

i said I had a digital amp that means it is on my computer

8 hours ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

@Enderman Taken directly from the OP.

and thats why I said guitar amp

because its a speaker+amplifier made specifically for "just guitar sounds" and nothing else

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

read:

and thats why I said guitar amp

because its a speaker+amplifier made specifically for "just guitar sounds" and nothing else

Guitar amp modeling software exists, you know?

57 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

Guitar amp modeling software exists, you know?

what do you not understand about a guitar amp just being an amp and a speaker that plays frequencies that a guitar reproduces??

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Enderman said:

what do you not understand about a guitar amp just being an amp and a speaker that plays frequencies that a guitar reproduces??

I've been playing guitar for over a decade; I know what a guitar amplifier is. :)

2 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

I've been playing guitar for over a decade; I know what a guitar amplifier is. :)

definitely doesnt seem like it based on your past 10 replies...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

definitely doesnt seem like it based on your past 10 replies...

Neither of us are wrong; you're just assuming.