Can someone help me understand the technical audio specs listed

SuperShermanTanker

So I have a few headphones and the intergrated audio in my ASROCK motherboard and I was wondering what some of the specs mean and which of my 2 headphones I sould use for the best sound. Also if someone can explain what I have to look for to determine the quality of the sound on the headphones and sound card/intergrated sound chip I would really like to know.

So heres my older but favorite pair of headphones: http://www.takstar.com/en/product/detail-11-30-0-51

image.png

and heres my very inexpensive second pair: http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/product/details/8323

image.png

and heres my motherboard: http://asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97%20Extreme4/

image.png

Which one you should use?  The one that you feel sounds best and fits/feels the best.  Most of that techno mumble-jumble is only of relevance to electrical engineers and/or may not even be an accurate representation of the specific device you have anyways.

Ordinarily one tries to match output impedance of an amplifier, with input impedance of a load.  To effect maximum power transfer, per the Maximum Power Transfer Theorem.  However, if the headphones are loud enough for your purposes, it really doesn't matter whether the system is operated at its maximum power transfer point or not. 

So basically try out the sounds that you want to use, and pick a set accordingly.  "on paper" the specs look pretty much identical anyways, but the real differentiator will be the overall package.  Headphones are like pairs of shoes -- there's a gazillion different brands and types, and which one a person likes is largely a matter of personal preference, not specs written in a brochure.

6 minutes ago, Mark77 said:

Which one you should use?  The one that you feel sounds best and fits/feels the best.  Most of that techno mumble-jumble is only of relevance to electrical engineers and/or may not even be an accurate representation of the specific device you have anyways.

Ordinarily one tries to match output impedance of an amplifier, with input impedance of a load.  To effect maximum power transfer, per the Maximum Power Transfer Theorem.  However, if the headphones are loud enough for your purposes, it really doesn't matter whether the system is operated at its maximum power transfer point or not. 

So basically try out the sounds that you want to use, and pick a set accordingly.  "on paper" the specs look pretty much identical anyways, but the real differentiator will be the overall package.  Headphones are like pairs of shoes -- there's a gazillion different brands and types, and which one a person likes is largely a matter of personal preference, not specs written in a brochure.

ok thanks for the advice