Got tired of not being able to easily see inside my HAF XB, so I modded in some new windows!

Arct1c0n

http://imgur.com/a/udewU

I have been loving my CoolerMaster HAF XB cube case since late 2012. No more freaking towers!!

MP1tqMt.jpg?1

But.... it has been really bothering me for awhile that I can't easily see my goodies inside

dBWvCMg.jpg

Ung... I can't enjoy my custom painted parts inside with that damn car grill blocking everything. So......

W0Rx5mS.jpg

Time to break out the dremel and mod old school style! Tools of the trade for this project and custom window parts. All for a cost of only $25 for supplies!

hAPdjrO.jpg?1

Apartment living sucks, no garage. Had to borrow dads garage and tools out of town. I could have tried to dremel cut the windows but it would have been so messy and uneven, no thanks. 20 minutes of bandsaw made the plexiglass windows come out perfect the first time. Thanks pops!

saqwijS.jpg

One slip with the dremel = forever scratched. So we are gonna cover panels with plenty of masking tape. As in like, 4 layers near were im cutting the grill. I'm taking no chances

Dzeijir.jpg

Fresh package of cutting discs, lets do this! t3GCpfa.jpg

Towel helped keep panel from moving as well as reduced noise and vibration. Also helped keep the metal shavings from going everywhere, but mostly noise so the neighbors wouldn't bitch. Did I mention apartment living sucks?

oY1CoI0.jpg?1

Remember kids, safety first!

G9Gca1d.jpg

Woooo!! Sparks! This how we do it old school!

zhvKoRR.jpg

Umm....well...fuck!

2urdjWA.jpg

Ok, enough of shitty dremel bit, time to do what I should have done years ago....

Y7Oz1MJ.jpg

Wow, best $15 ever! Pull, twist, snap and wallah!

Pv3g5vy.jpg

Oh yeah, so much better! Cut within 15 minutes!

O143bpU.jpg

Longest and hardest part finally done

HS2Rvzg.jpg

Time to clean up these edges a bit....

lImTxLm.jpg

That's better!

8IbrAK7.jpg

Allright, time to start putting on the molding itself

xV2aG7e.jpg

Pretty straight forward and fits prefect! Major thanks to MNPCTech for having this stuff!

tomACsx.jpg

Very nice, it cleans up the edges well and looks slick!

p4otpxZ.jpg

Allright, with the molding on, it time to install the windows at long last. Clear Liquid Nail is plenty strong to hold it in place

GrLC8a4.jpg

Well....I needed to hold down the panes with something while the Liquid Nail set. Oh and fuck you Lucas for ruining my childhood Star Wars

ko5OXvm.jpg

Installing the handles back in with a few screws and we are done! Let see how it looks!

F6hxcqx.jpg

Wow!!! Even better then I hoped! It looks sooooo much better! Turned out even better then imagined! It almost looks stock! Now I can finally look inside and enjoy my rig in all its glory!

68vyBsN.jpg

2gpjPrv.jpg?1

mVeC3PN.jpg?1

i2xjLTw.jpg

juOBSfz.jpg

ZjDEi94.jpg

taOQLta.jpg

KpnLJVd.jpg

C6nXDjP.jpg