AT2020USB+ / headphones?

mister_krister

Should I invest in an Audio Technica USB+ mic? I always liked the idea of an external mic, mainly gonna be used for communication, skype, ts etc. Maybe streaming in the future.

If I was to buy the mic, what headset is recommended? Or should I just go for a gaming headset? I like to have quality sound, but again the headset can't be much more expensive than the mic, around the same price.

12 minutes ago, mister_krister said:

Should I invest in an Audio Technica USB+ mic? I always liked the idea of an external mic, mainly gonna be used for communication, skype, ts etc. Maybe streaming in the future.

If I was to buy the mic, what headset is recommended? Or should I just go for a gaming headset? I like to have quality sound, but again the headset can't be much more expensive than the mic, around the same price.

Budget for headphones?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I wouldnt go for the USB at2020, go for the XLR version and get a pre amp like this one.

https://www.amazon.ca/Behringer-Q802USB-Premium-8-Input-2-Bus/dp/B008O517IC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464443068&sr=8-1&keywords=q802

I plug my headphones into that mixer also.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Budget for headphones?

Around same price as the mic, which is $180 for me.

2 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

I wouldnt go for the USB at2020, go for the XLR version and get a pre amp like this one.

https://www.amazon.ca/Behringer-Q802USB-Premium-8-Input-2-Bus/dp/B008O517IC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464443068&sr=8-1&keywords=q802

I plug my headphones into that mixer also.

I don't have any intention to spend that much, a usb version should be good enough and the sound is really good.

1 minute ago, mister_krister said:

Around same price as the mic, which is $180 for me.

Open or closed headphones? What sound signature do you want (what do you want to have more focus on bass, treble, mids)

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Open or closed headphones? What sound signature do you want (what do you want to have more focus on bass, treble, mids)

Just overall good sound, i like bassy music but not overkill on the bass.

Would be used for gaming aswell, so I don't really know what is best when it comes to open and closed headphones.

I prefer closed cause im not used to hearing stuff while I have a headset on.

1 minute ago, mister_krister said:

Just overall good sound, i like bassy music but not overkill on the bass.

Would be used for gaming aswell, so I don't really know what is best when it comes to open and closed headphones.

I prefer closed cause im not used to hearing stuff while I have a headset on.

PSB M4U2
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

PSB M4U2
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 

Thank you very much for the quick replies, i'll look into those.

However, do you recommend the AT2020 usb+, compared to other usb mics? It seems really good, looked into lots of reviews.

25 minutes ago, mister_krister said:

Thank you very much for the quick replies, i'll look into those.

However, do you recommend the AT2020 usb+, compared to other usb mics? It seems really good, looked into lots of reviews.

It is a very good usb mic for the price.