Cant boot from drive

BoganPro

My computer won't boot from drive. I own two drives, one of them has installed windows XP sourced from an old PC on the side of the road (still worked) and the other I attempted to clone an operating system on using xclone. My computer will only boot from the windows XP drive which will after awhile freeze at the loading screen then quickly blue screen then restarts, when I tried to load safe mode all it does is load drives then freeze. the second drive is only detected in the BIOS but would not boot. My motherboard is a Biostar ta770xe, with an AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-8500 1066Mhz High Density RAM, GTZ 960 and a CX500M powersupply. Please help me and I will be forever grateful.

On 5/28/2016 at 0:04 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

Have you tried the "Disable automatic restart on system error" option in the F8 menu to see what the BSOD is?

My gut is saying the drives are probably not in the best shape. Or the second drive had a bad clone or is missing a bootloader.

The error that appears on the blue screen of death is the one that follows, 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xB540D756. I attempted to put in a harddrive that I know has a working copy of windows 10, yet it froze at the loading screen and refuses to load any further. When I put the drive I know words back into my main gaming computer it entered disk recovery before booting normally. I think there must be some incompatibility with the motherboard and the drives. The only drive that I can somewhat load on to (with windows xp installed) can sometimes boot into safe mode, YET WHEN I DO THE KEYBOARD STOPS WORKING *smashes table in frustration and asks the universe WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME*. I am at a loss on what to do/ 

Well the unfortunate thing is this BSOD and the parameter code isn't very specific. It could be the XP install has a bunch of drivers not compatible with the system you're running on, something in the XP install that's doing something the computer doesn't like, or the hard drive is borked.

But the thing to look for around the net is the "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION bsod".

If you plopped the drive from one computer to another, you can't expect that Windows to work well, if at all, with the other computer.

18 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well the unfortunate thing is this BSOD and the parameter code isn't very specific. It could be the XP install has a bunch of drivers not compatible with the system you're running on, something in the XP install that's doing something the computer doesn't like, or the hard drive is borked.

But the thing to look for around the net is the "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION bsod".

If you plopped the drive from one computer to another, you can't expect that Windows to work well, if at all, with the other computer.

I found the exact code, it's 0X0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xB53FD756, 0xBA4C3C342C, 0xBA4C3128). And if the issue is drives would it be possible to directly put the install files onto the drive? I once pulled apart an old Seagate drive to get at its harddrive, I got the drive and also an adaptor which let me edit any files of desktop drives. Would I be able to drag and drop the needed driver files onto the drive?