[RGB UPDATE] Custom Split Grid Keyboard Buildlog

spwath

Come with my on my journey of building my custom split keyboard.

Parts:
Custom plates

Purple Zealios

Granite DSA keycaps

2x teensys

Total price~ $300

Keycaps arrived, and show the layout that the keyboard will be

20160518_152600.jpg

Plates arived, and I started to put zealios in. One thing, the left plates holes are too big, I will have to have it remade

20160527_155025.jpg

Put all switches and keycaps onto the right plate

20160527_172121.jpg

Started to wire top plate

20160527_172142.jpg

More coming soon

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Nice, something unique and interesting. Followed!

I was hoping to get more done, but I was sick all day yesterday. And now I have school. But this weekend I should get more done, then one more week of school, and I have oodles of time.

Still need to see about getting that other plate though

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Been really busy, but got a little more done.

20160607_172056.jpg

Last week of school, so after this more time...

• 3 weeks later...

Got my other plate!
Also did some more soldering.

Wow, thoes granite keycaps are sexy

20160628_184834.jpg

Next my my Apple Adjustable Keyboard

20160628_184830.jpg

2 hours ago, spwath said:

Got my other plate!
Also did some more soldering.

Wow, thoes granite keycaps are sexy

Next my my Apple Adjustable Keyboard

still not a fan of the space bars like that but looks good

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

still not a fan of the space bars like that

Does look a bit odd, but i like a bigger spacebar.

Got all columns done (yes i got lazy on the left one, ill just use  a little electrical tape to prevent accidental contacts.)

Time to use the diodes for the rows

20160702_112742.jpg

Got my row of diodes. I relize i should have done them the other way, but oh well. Also fixed the top right switch, was upside down...

20160709_191426.jpg

Right half almost done, just need to connect the rows, then connect all that to the teensy.

20160714_214241.jpg

35 minutes ago, spwath said:

Right half almost done, just need to connect the rows, then connect all that to the teensy.

10 minutes ago, Charger said:

oh a leatherman skeletool?

Oh good eye,  I have the same one really nice multitool ;) 

16 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh good eye,  I have the same one really nice multitool ;) 

my friend has one, I used to have a leatherman sideclip which is a now long discontinued knife and I kind of view the skeletool as its replacement from them.

• 1 month later...

update.

Made some wood stuffs.

Think ill decrease wrist wrest size

20160827_115117 (2).jpg20160827_115145.jpg

Stuff is hapening

19ni7z.gif

19nk1j.gif

19ni7z.gif