PC micro freezes

Diceair

Hi there.

I don't know how to explain this to you guys but this is not an issue that happens in any game so far but mostly on desktop, watching media and browsing the web. First my specs

i7 4790k

h100i

corsair air540

ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 16gb ram

Galax GTX980 ti HOF

Corsair ax850w PSU

Asus vii ranger motherboard

Samsung ssd (os), liteon ssd (some games) 1tb WD black and 2tb WD black

qnix qx2710 monitor.

Windows 10 64bit (latest updates)

So when I for example do media playback I get these micro freezes for like half a second and then everything is fine. It doesn't happen all the time and some days it doesn't happen. I can play BF4 for the whole night without any issues or micro freezes. I overclocked my cpu to 4.6GHz with the following settings

CPU core volts: 1.24V

Cpu Cache ratio 39x

CPU cache volts 1.2V

DRAM to xmp (2400mhz 1.65V)

CPU input voltage to 1.88V

I can do aida64 for about 5-15min without any crash. I can also do Cinebench a couple of times and it's still fine. Temps never exceeds 75C for my cpu. When I do aida64 stability test I test CPU and ram at the same time. I'm just scared that it's a sign that something is unstable and in fear that just one day my pc will give in. I know I can just run everything stock if I'm worried and see from there but maybe someone can tell me where to start. 

What I was thinking could be the issue is when my cpu goes from 800mhz to 4.6ghz the voltage needed doesn't kick in fast enough and thus the slight lag but in games it goes full blast 4.6ghz and full voltage all the time so maybe that's why I don't see it really in games.

So where do I start?

Forgot to mention that I  changed voltages from 1.23v to 1.24v. at 1.23v I had the issue every now and then but it's to early to tell on 1.24v as I only changed it about an hour ago. This is not a thing that happens very frequently.

4 hours ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Change voltage to 1.25V and see if it remains.

So far so good. 1.24V seems to be a bit better. Maybe it was just unstable at this voltage. Will have to do more testings

So far so good. Been running 1.24v without getting the same micro freeze. Still don't know what the restart was for maybe unstable cpu that cuased me a bsod and then rebooted. I had my pc rebooted when I was testing out projects cars driving in the rain max graphics dor about 10-20min can't remember. So I think I had a BSOD on the pc but I don't know as I wasn't at my pc just when I decided ok it's time to have a look that I saw ok my pc just rebooted so I think now I know that it was a BSOD.

I haven't tested it on project cars again so I don't know if it's sorted yet at lest the micro freezes seems to be gone for now but might have to see for about a week or 2. I also think I might have to add offset voltage. So will test project cars again over the weekend and if I get a bsod I will just set everything back to stock clocks and test again to see maybe something broke but will have to see.