EVGA GTX 1080 Pricing

Suika

Unfortunately it seSems that the EVGA custom designs aren't going to available today, and instead mid-June. This is either a supply issue, the cards weren't actually supposed to be available on launch (unlike what some people suspected), or NVIDIA / EVGA taking advantage of early adopters. Regardless of which, the custom designs will be available for less than Founder's Edition, which a few users have been claiming will be otherwise. Users through the EVGA Step-Up program, including myself, have revealed pricing on the individual cards, and are available to preorder the cards before release. One user noted that specialized cards aren't available through Step-Up, but the varying pricing makes me and other users think otherwise.

EVGA GTX 1080 (maybe cheap blower style? haven't found info) - $609

EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 - $619

EVGA GTX 1080 SC - $649

EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition - $699

Green indicates which one I've seen personally, and red indicates what other users are reporting. I can't find any info on the 6181 card, the only image available is the card from the front angle, so I don't know what the power connectors are on it. I would hope at least 8+6-pin, but it's hard to say.

So after looking at other user reports and now that EVGA's website is a bit more stable, it looks like the SC card is $649 and for a reference PCB, as opposed to the much mightier looking ROG STRIX cards for cheaper. The only difference between the SC and ACX 3.0, as far as I see, is the factory overclock. 

EVGA's Step-Up program does not list the FTW unfortunately and will not, only reference boards will be available through the program.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

5 minutes ago, Suika said:

Unfortunately it seems that the EVGA custom designs aren't going to available today, and instead mid-June. This is either a supply issue, or NVIDIA / EVGA taking advantage of early adopters. Regardless of which, the custom designs will be available for less than Founder's Edition, which a few users have been claiming will be otherwise. Users through the EVGA Step-Up program, including myself, have revealed pricing on the individual cards, and are available to preorder the cards before release. One user noted that specialized cards aren't available through Step-Up, but the varying pricing makes me and other users think otherwise.

EVGA GTX 1080 SC (?) (single 8-pin) - $609

EVGA GTX 1080 (08G-P4-6181-KR) - $619

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW (?) (dual 8-pin) - $649

Green indicates which one I've seen personally, and red indicates what other users are reporting. I can't find any info on the 6181 card, the only image available is the card from the front angle, so I don't know what the power connectors are on it. I would hope at least 8+6-pin, but it's hard to say.

have you seen anything with the 1070, or have they not posted that yet?

but yeah, I think everyone knew this would happen. All the big reviews said this at some point when the FE was first revealed, so I have no idea where people are getting that the custom coolers will be more expensive.

Nobody expected Aftermarket designs to be available at FE release date. It never happens. 1st Nvidia design then week-3weeks after u get other brands ;)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, jett473 said:

have you seen anything with the 1070, or have they not posted that yet?

No, it's not officially launched so I don't think they'll be including it until then, or shortly after.

1 minute ago, jett473 said:

so I have no idea where people are getting that the custom coolers will be more expensive.

"NVIDIA and all the NVIDIA AiB Partners are pure evil and are deliberately fucking the consumer!"

That's the general mindset of people who say it. I mean, as I mentioned, it's very possible EVGA delayed the launch of their ACX 3.0 cards to take advantage of early adopters, but these cards will be out and cheaper if you don't mind waiting a bit.

Memoryexpress had the pages with pricing up for a few days already.  I knew one of the EVGA cards was going to be cheaper than the FE... even though it had a better cooler on it and was clocked higher :D

Nvidia admitted in a video that they "don't want to compete with their partners" (like MSI, ASUS, EVGA, etc.)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I hope these prices will transfer to Europe as well, otherwise all those dreams are... dead... for now...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

Meanwhile in Finland

gKTpkg4.png

The past cannot be altered. The present holds but regret and loss. It is only in the days to come that a man may find solace. When memory fades..
Gigabyte B450i Pro WiFi | AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | SilentiumPC Fera 3 HE1224 w/ Corsair ML120 | 2x8GB DDR4 3400MHz CL16 | MSI RTX2070 Armor | Plextor M8PeG 256GB NVME | Crucial MX100 512GB | Corsair SF600 Platinum | Fractal Design Define Nano S | Dell U2518D | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL with Cherry MX Brown | Logitech G703

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

Nobody expected Aftermarket designs to be available at FE release date. It never happens. 1st Nvidia design then week-3weeks after u get other brands ;)

Jay commented saying that it's likely there will be aftermarket cards on launch day, so a quite a few people fell into the idea. 

The asus 1080 strix is 849 euro here .... 

Let's agree to disagree

1 minute ago, MrTiC said:

The asus 1080 strix is 849 euro here .... 

O.o wow... our prices are high, but they're exactly what you'd get just doing a currency conversion from american prices, so I guess I can't complain!  Why do they always screw you guys over so bad!?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Hey what is  Founders Edition

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

6 minutes ago, Suika said:

Jay commented saying that it's likely there will be aftermarket cards on launch day, so a quite a few people fell into the idea. 

Jay is a moron tho

Just now, Redjo said:

Hey what is  Founders Edition

literally just a fancy new name for reference card, from nvidia's announcements.  They wanted it to sound more impressive because it's apparently using "premium parts"

20 minutes ago, Suika said:

One user noted that specialized cards aren't available through Step-Up, but the varying pricing makes me and other users think otherwise.

I wasn't planning on upgrading but if the Hydro Copper (is released) and is included in the step-up, I might consider it - but it could just be an incentive to wait for the Ti....

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

literally just a fancy new name for reference card, from nvidia's announcements.  They wanted it to sound more impressive because it's apparently using "premium parts"

Hmm premius parts? 

What do you mean :D more fps? 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

O.o wow... our prices are high, but they're exactly what you'd get just doing a currency conversion from american prices, so I guess I can't complain!  Why do they always screw you guys over so bad!?

21% EU VAT

It would be cheaper if i flew to the US buy 2 cards there and fly back ...

Let's agree to disagree

3 hours ago, Suika said:

Unfortunately it seems that the EVGA custom designs aren't going to available today, and instead mid-June. This is either a supply issue, or NVIDIA / EVGA taking advantage of early adopters. Regardless of which, the custom designs will be available for less than Founder's Edition, which a few users have been claiming will be otherwise. Users through the EVGA Step-Up program, including myself, have revealed pricing on the individual cards, and are available to preorder the cards before release. One user noted that specialized cards aren't available through Step-Up, but the varying pricing makes me and other users think otherwise.

EVGA GTX 1080 SC (?) (single 8-pin) - $609

EVGA GTX 1080 (08G-P4-6181-KR) - $619

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW (?) (dual 8-pin) - $649

At this point, it looks like all of EVGA's cards are launching with a single 8-pin regardless of power phases used.

Capture1.JPG

4 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Jay is a moron tho

While I wouldn't go as far as saying that, his reasoning was definitely a little silly.

3 minutes ago, SonoDanshi said:

I wasn't planning on upgrading but if the Hydro Copper (is released) and is included in the step-up, I might consider it - but it could just be an incentive to wait for the Ti....

It's very unlikely, but it's definitely worth watching.

11 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

At this point, it looks like all of EVGA's cards are launching with a single 8-pin regardless of power phases used.

Pictures on their website show dual 8-pin on the FTW and Classified editions.

3 hours ago, BrickAK said:

Pictures on their website show dual 8-pin on the FTW and Classified editions.

Well hopefully their chart is wrong.  :D

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Well hopefully their chart is wrong.  :D

Haha I hope so, now I can't even get back to that page the site is so bogged down. :P

3 hours ago, BrickAK said:

Haha I hope so, now I can't even get back to that page the site is so bogged down. :P

Yeah, I saw the pictures of the Classified with dual 8-pins.

We won't likely see any with more than a single 8 pin unless they also have more power phases and a custom BIOS (like the top row in that table) since, according to people who have tried overclocking, you hit many other walls before the total power draw becomes an issue.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

We won't likely see any with more than a single 8 pin unless they also have more power phases and a custom BIOS (like the top row in that table) since, according to people who have tried overclocking, you hit many other walls before the total power draw becomes an issue.

The Classified definitely does, but I'm really not confident that dual 8-pins is even going to matter for this round.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

The Classified definitely does, but I'm really not confident that dual 8-pins is even going to matter for this round.

It won't if they don't address the locked BIOS that limits voltage and the bare minimum power phase design!