Old speakers what to do?

heet

I have these old speakers for home theater laying around for some time.

Any DYI suggestions what to do with them?

IMG_1797.JPG

Looks like they set into a curved surface well. Maybe make your own stereo box for them all and make it portable?

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

6 minutes ago, heet said:

I have these old speakers for home theater laying around for some time.

Any DYI suggestions what to do with them?

IMG_1797.JPG

these seem like good speakers. build an amp int it and basically you have a sound system. also then you can plug in the small speakers and get pretty good virtual surround.

That sub looks to be a decent size, maybe transplant it into a custom box, give the box more depth and a wider port, bang some low notes through it :P

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

Sound doesn´t get old, only the design. You could do all sorts of things with it. Maybe buy a small amp (if not already built-in) and hook up a Chromecast Audio to stream music from it? Repaint it?

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

2 hours ago, SQZY98 said:

Sound doesn´t get old, only the design. You could do all sorts of things with it. Maybe buy a small amp (if not already built-in) and hook up a Chromecast Audio to stream music from it? Repaint it?

sounds get's old, just look at headphones from before 1982 they had no bass at all. Sound does not get old fast, but it does get old.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

What?

Who is saying they look good?

They look like very low quality speakers, I'm going to estimate from 2005.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

53 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

sounds get's old, just look at headphones from before 1982 they had no bass at all. Sound does not get old fast, but it does get old.

Well, that´s a pretty over the top example. I think you and OP got my point. Also, it always depends on the purpose the listener want to use it for.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

2 minutes ago, SQZY98 said:

Well, that´s a pretty over the top example. I think you and OP got my point. Also, it always depends on the purpose the listener want to use it for.

well I just corrected you

:D 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

10 hours ago, spwath said:

What?

Who is saying they look good?

They look like very low quality speakers, I'm going to estimate from 2005.

They're plastic speakers from India... where could OP go wrong?

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1