Razer Headset + Keyboard & Corsair Mouse (Review?)

Zeokon

Hello,

I'd like to hear your review/opinions on the items I bought for gaming of NCIX.

Razer Carcharias (Headset)

Razer Blackwidow Expert 2013

Corsair Vengeance M60

Please tell me if it was worth it ($250+ including shipping)

You mean Razer Blackwidow Ultimate instead of Expert??

the expert has blue switches, correct key layout, should be good. I use the word 'should' here as I haven't had stuff from Razer with good build quality (Everything i seems to have of theirs (apart from the eXact Mat - it is just a slab of aluminum so it works greate) seems to run into issues around the 6-8 month mark, maybe i am just unlucky), basically that would be my take from the entire Razer line.

In terms of using a head set, I woul not recommend it, get any microphone that plugs into a 3.5mm jack, $5 at most, unless your doing actual audio work it wont make a difference. And the purchase an actual audio head set, all the gaming peripheral makers are guilty of making average headsets and marking up the price as they have the work 'gaming' on it and just some $5 microphone glued onto it. Get a set of head phones, the 70-80 dollar range is alright, do a little research and you can find some good headphones in that price point.

In terms of the m60, if you have used it and you think it is comfortable, go nuts, otherwise head down to your local electronics shop and give it ago.

the expert has blue switches' date=' correct key layout, should be good. I use the word 'should' here as I haven't had stuff from Razer with good build quality (Everything i seems to have of theirs (apart from the eXact Mat - it is just a slab of aluminum so it works greate) seems to run into issues around the 6-8 month mark, maybe i am just unlucky)[/quote']

Unfortunatly, you're not the only one. All my Razer stuff (I have quite a lot of it too) seems to wear out pretty quick. Exept for the eXact Mat just like you. Although the graphic on the wrist rest had worn off in about a week.

I got an Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 for only 1 month love the all matte design, working great so far.

By "all the Razer stuff" do you mean the Deathadder too?? Pretty sure that mouse is a beast.

Finally, buy your headset/headphone from an actual audio company (sennheiser, beyerdynamic) and not Razer.

I have the M60 and I have to say it's a great mouse. Now, I haven't had any ohter gaming mice, but if you have medium size hands and you have a palm grip, you should be fine. Be carefull with the firmware of the mouse though. I tried to update it once and I bricked it. I couldn't do anything anymore, but I finally found a fix on the forums of Corsair.

Great mouse, after all.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I got an Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 for only 1 month love the all matte design' date=' working great so far. By "all the Razer stuff" do you mean the Deathadder too?? Pretty sure that mouse is a beast. Finally, buy your headset/headphone from an actual audio company (sennheiser, beyerdynamic) and not Razer.[/quote']

I also mean the death-adder, it seems more and more that the old razer that worried about build quality as much as look and the packaging is slowly fading away