Probably already answered

Go to solution Solved by Rune,

If you get extensions, yes, you need to keep the original cables, as the extensions are female only on one end.

You must order the custom cables online, through Corsair or a third party supplier if you wish to use a fully replacement kit.

Im getting a corsair HX750i psu and wandering for the cables.

I only have two options for cable modding right? either have to get extensions which take a lot of space. Wont look as good?

or i have to buy a full kit of sleeved cables ( only corsair or compatible?)

Sleeved cables aren't sold separately ( apart for 24 pin or extensions)

are extensions worth it or individually sleeved  better? (extensions cant go straight to psu then to hardware? can it?

The HX750i seems to be a fully modular model. This means you can completely ignore whatever cables they give you and buy a sleeved kit, any of which, I believe, should work. Additionally, you can try making your own like this.

Spoiler

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

You can get partial kits

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4 minutes ago, UL_42L said:

The HX750i seems to be a fully modular model. This means you can completely ignore whatever cables they give you and buy a sleeved kit, any of which, I believe, should work. Additionally, you can try making your own like this.

Reveal hidden contents

yes i have seen those videos and they look like something i wont have the patience or skill to do.

but if i get extensions i have to keep the original cables. yes?

1 minute ago, cedge206 said:

yes i have seen those videos and they look like something i wont have the patience or skill to do.

but if i get extensions i have to keep the original cables. yes?

I don't see why you would have to, unless you're concerned with warranty. You won't have to use the original cables, just the sleeved ones (unless Corsair has modular plugs designed not to fit other cables).

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

You can get partial kits

most stores including online i havent seen partial. they full kits not including 24pin cause they sell that seperate.

If you get extensions, yes, you need to keep the original cables, as the extensions are female only on one end.

You must order the custom cables online, through Corsair or a third party supplier if you wish to use a fully replacement kit.

1 minute ago, Rune said:

thankyou. was a bit confused on the sleeved extensions part.

can the kit be from like eg. cablemod, PCCG cause they have way better colour matching designs or must be corsair brand