OCZ SSD's and Samsung SSD's

ZTN

Ok i have a few questions im planning on upgrading SSD's in a few months but i wanna take an OCZ Trion 100 but theres a 150 and i was wondering if there was any difference between them. I was also wondering if there was any significant difference between Samsung 850 EVO and any of two OCZ SSD's i just mentioned

OCZ are basically budget ssds which arent as dfast as other brands ifu r going for bang for buc ka sandisk utra II is fine

if your using it for fast storage its fine

doesent really answer my question

Samsung ones shit on OCZ ones in terms of how much it can get done in the same time....

There is a reason they are cheaper.

Compare IOPS too (important stuff), not just sequential speeds.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah but how much does it shits on the ocz is one im wondering

Yeah guys i already have a samsung 250gb 850 EVO for my windows and some important games but i kind of need like a rlly big ssd for my other not as important games so thats why i was thinking about the OCZ

8 minutes ago, ZTN said:

Yeah guys i already have a samsung 250gb 850 EVO for my windows and some important games but i kind of need like a rlly big ssd for my other not as important games so thats why i was thinking about the OCZ

Here's a comparison between the Evo and the triton: http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Evo-250GB-vs-OCZ-TRION-150-240GB/2977vsm79817

As you can see, it's not even close; the Evo whips it at literally everything besides price :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Also i was wondering i heard that if you delete stuff of an SSD it degrades it and i was wondering for an explanation of read and write, is write like downloading content and reading just utilizing said content and if so what part of this degrades the SSD? Also this 2nd SSD is gonna be used mainly for loading video games and programmes and such

1 minute ago, ZTN said:

Also i was wondering i heard that if you delete stuff of an SSD it degrades it and i was wondering for an explanation of read and write, is write like downloading content and reading just utilizing said content and if so what part of this degrades the SSD?

Writing to an ssd wears it out, technically speaking, but under most circumstances no normal user will ever reach the limit.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

is writing like downloading?

also lets say i had 2 Samsung 850 EVO SSD's and would loading a game from the SSD my OS is installed on or downloading an SSD that isnt would the speed be any different? Also i heard SSD's slow down alot if you have little to no space is that true?

I just bought a Trion 150 drive because it was cheap.

After running it for a while and running some benchmarks, I can see why it was about 30% cheaper than the Samsung Evo 850. Because the performance numbers are about 30% lower.

That being said - it's still worlds faster than a platter drive. 

If you can afford the Samsung Evo, do it.