Does anyone else use a Sony A58 or any Sony Camera?

I recently upgraded from a Sony A57 to the newish A58. Does anyone else have any experience with these cameras? So far I think it's 100% better minus having a plastic lens mount which shouldn't matter anyways if you treat your rig with care.

I've got a Canon T5i and a Nikon D5200 in my fleet also, not a lot of people agree with me when I say this but in my opinion my A57 had better color depth than both of these cameras combined which is why i still use the A57 / A58. I've got some larger telephoto lens's for my Canon and Nikon which is why I keep them. I would loose too much money if I sold them so they just wait until I need them lol.

I've attached one of my favorite pictures I've taken using my A57.

I found these flowers on a trail leading up to the Devils Bathtub near Spearfish, SD.

Devils Bathtub is a series of water falls that spread across a 2mil hiking trail, which gets difficult after the first 2 water falls.

untitled_by_icuw1pc-d7wa8on.jpg

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

What's your concern?  If you shoot JPEG in the cameras and look at the images which come straight out of them, yes there can be apparent differences in the color "depth" that you perceive looking at them on your monitor, due to the differences in each manufacturer's color science and processing methods.

But if you shoot RAW and edit them in post, adjust contrast, exposure, highlights, shadows, saturation, etc. the perceived color "depth" as you call it, can be made to look the same or widely different from each other.

If you don't want to shoot RAW and work on your photos in post, you can always change the in-camera color profile settings.

Also keep in mind that you are most likely looking at the photos on an 8-bit consumer grade display which doesn't really have the latitude to display a wider depth of colors.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer