Fractal Design Node 605

IAmBill

Does anyone have this case? I'm looking to buy it for a refresh of my HTPC. I'm currently using an nMediaPC 5000B which I hate and I love the aesthetics of the 605. I'm also wondering, if any of you have it, if you would be able to tell me if you think I could sneak a SilverStone Tundra TD02-Slim onto the right-side fan ports... I know one of them won't line up because there is a space in between the two fans, but I'm more concerned about clearance with the motherboard. The entire rad+fan is only 37mm, so I'm hoping it would fit but can't find a good reference picture to confirm.

On a side note, would anyone like to buy a used nMediaPC 5000B? It's a great HTPC case and I love it. PM me for info.

52 minutes ago, IAmBill said:

Does anyone have this case? I'm looking to buy it for a refresh of my HTPC. I'm currently using an nMediaPC 5000B which I hate and I love the aesthetics of the 605. I'm also wondering, if any of you have it, if you would be able to tell me if you think I could sneak a SilverStone Tundra TD02-Slim onto the right-side fan ports... I know one of them won't line up because there is a space in between the two fans, but I'm more concerned about clearance with the motherboard. The entire rad+fan is only 37mm, so I'm hoping it would fit but can't find a good reference picture to confirm.

On a side note, would anyone like to buy a used nMediaPC 5000B? It's a great HTPC case and I love it. PM me for info.

Built a GTX 960 + i5 4460 system in it. Was awesome. Would recommend that case but don't use the ODD bay.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Built a GTX 960 + i5 4460 system in it. Was awesome. Would recommend that case but don't use the ODD bay.

I'm guessing by your tense that the case is gone, huh? If you had to guess, do you think you could squeeze 37mm to the side of the motherboard from the side of the case to the RAM module? Basically it's like an extra half of a fan past the fan that's there.

P.S. I'm probably not going to use the ODD bay. I was considering it, but then when I saw how much space it took up with the clips, I figured I wouldn't want to waste the available cable management space. I'll see once I do the build if I think I can fit it in... but if you have another reason why not to use it, let me know.

2 minutes ago, IAmBill said:

I'm guessing by your tense that the case is gone, huh? If you had to guess, do you think you could squeeze 37mm to the side of the motherboard from the side of the case to the RAM module? Basically it's like an extra half of a fan past the fan that's there.

Not exactly sure what you mean. Can you draw an MS Paint explanation of what you mean for me?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

12 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Not exactly sure what you mean. Can you draw an MS Paint explanation of what you mean for me?

605_Case.png

8 hours ago, IAmBill said:

605_Case.png

Are you saying you want to clear the area where the fan is to fit something else? I still don't quite get what you're trying to say.

See the red gap marked "37MM CLEARANCE?" I'm asking if that's 37MM. The fan would be removed, a radiator+fan that totals 37MM would replace it.