Razer Stealth Storage

Tigercub72

Hi there

I am intending to get a razer stealth and core in about august and I intend to buy the base 128gb model and then upgrade the storage. I was wondering what are the pro's and cons of these two M.2 ssd's or if there are any better options.

Option 1: Get a 1000gb sandisk x400 ssd for about 180 USD

Option 2: Get a 512gb samsung 950 pro for about 300 USD

The samsung ssd is much more expensive but apparently a lot faster. Will I notice how slow the sandisk one is? Because its double the storage for almost half the price so I'm leaning towards this option.

Thanks for your time

You shouldn't notice too much of a difference.

You can look at benchmarks between the two drives, personally i would notice the difference because i do this all day, but for a typically end user they would most likely not notice. If you are only using the SSD as a OS drive then id get the Samsung. 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

2 hours ago, Tigercub72 said:

Hi there

I am intending to get a razer stealth and core in about august and I intend to buy the base 128gb model and then upgrade the storage. I was wondering what are the pro's and cons of these two M.2 ssd's or if there are any better options.

Option 1: Get a 1000gb sandisk x400 ssd for about 180 USD

Option 2: Get a 512gb samsung 950 pro for about 300 USD

The samsung ssd is much more expensive but apparently a lot faster. Will I notice how slow the sandisk one is? Because its double the storage for almost half the price so I'm leaning towards this option.

Thanks for your time

Raser blade stealth runs hot under load, so if you are playing CPU intensive games your laptop will run at 90-95 c which will kill your laptop faster... I am not sure why raser does not have adequate cooling for this laptop. 

Also about storage the random read and write speeds are whats important. M.2 drives are not much faster in random read and write. They are faster in booting, but very slightly.