wireless hdmi

So, my family being the Asian they are, are too cheap to buy an actual cable subscription and use this Chinese streaming box. This box is downstairs. My grandma wants to stream from this box to her TV upstairs, but my parents want to stream it downstairs on the TV there. I just wanted to know if this would work. I hook the box up to the spliter, and then i use of the HDMI outputs to connect to the TV downstairs using a wire, and then a wireless HDMI kit to stream it to the tv upstairs. Will this work, and is there anything i should keep an eye out? I should also mention that the box is from a no-name Chinese brand, so I was also wondering if there would be compatibility issues there.

Splitter: http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-JTD-MINI-1x2SP-Splitter-Capability/dp/B008D66RAU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464127620&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=hdmi+splitter&psc=1

Wireless HDMI kit: http://www.amazon.com/LP-5G-Miracast-Dongle-Wireless/dp/B00X6W3NBC/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464131003&sr=1-11&keywords=wireless+hdmi

Also, whats the difference between this kit and the one that worth 200 dollars?

200 dollar kit: http://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transmitter-Streaming-Satellite-NPCS549/dp/B009E6R89C/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464131003&sr=1-4&keywords=wireless+hdmi

So you have 1 box and want to stream two separate HDMI streams, most likely of different channels, to different parts of the home? Or will everyone be watching the same thing? If everyone will be watching the same thing then there shouldn't be an issue but if they want different channels off the same box, it's a no go.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

So you have 1 box and want to stream two separate HDMI streams, most likely of different channels, to different parts of the home? Or will everyone be watching the same thing? If everyone will be watching the same thing then there shouldn't be an issue but if they want different channels off the same box, it's a no go.

ayy i remember you ;3

no im going to stream them one at a time, they don't watch tv at the same time anyway (i think)

anyway, what about the different hdmi kits

Alright, so if they don't watch at the same time then you're good, just wanted to make sure :)

As for the equipment itself the splitters look okay but the receivers seem to be junk, it also connects to devices via wifi such as an android phone. I might go for something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/SainSonic-SS-630-Wireless-Transmitter-Receivers/dp/B00E7MWA8C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1464132005&sr=8-4&keywords=wireless+hdmi+transmitter+and+receiver

but it's not an HDMI kit, it's component.

The reason the $200 kit is that price is because it can stream from one box to another as it's the sender and receiver whereas the other one is just a receiver.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

This sounds kinda weird. Your grandma has to go downstairs to change the channel.

Why not just buy another box?

9 minutes ago, JohnT said:

This sounds kinda weird. Your grandma has to go downstairs to change the channel.

Why not just buy another box?

The stuff that they stream is pirated, so my parents dont want to invest too much money in it, since copyright issues and whatnot.

1 hour ago, RiceinPot said:

The stuff that they stream is pirated, so my parents dont want to invest too much money in it, since copyright issues and whatnot.

How much could it possibly cost compared to a splitter and a wireless transmitter/receiver?