Google HQ was raided in Paris: Tax fraud investigation

deadher0

source: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36370628

_88435455_google.g.jpg

Police sources confirmed the raid. Google said: "We comply with French law and are co-operating fully with the authorities to answer their questions."

Google is accused of owing €1.6bn ($1.8bn; £1.3bn) in unpaid taxes.

In short, Google have been raided because the French government has sufficient grounds and evidence to believe that they may involved in a fraud.  Just for clarity here, "fraud" is a completely separate issue from any legally "avoiding taxes".  Google is in some hot water here.

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

lolgg google

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

3 minutes ago, Railgun said:

lolgg google

?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

...do the french guys need some money or something? 

Well, i guess that they will find something eventually, such a big company with so many people can't be completely flawless.

There are probably some human errors somewhere that they maybe find soo...

Let's wait and see!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

did they even try googling if google owed them tax money?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Let's be real here: pretty much all corporations evade taxes (and not just a little; a lot). Intentionally. 

However, the way they do it, it's usually quite legal. That's why they're called loopholes. 

I have no doubt Google has used every loophole available. Even if the amount given isn't accurate, I doubt it's far off. 

"Don't be Evil"

I'm sure evading paying tax isn't evil, according to Google.

God damn it Google. Just pay your god damn taxes. You're the most valuable company at the moment, you got money to spare lol.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

21 hours ago, apm said:

they probably binged and found something completely unrelated.

21 hours ago, samcool55 said:

...do the french guys need some money or something? 

Well, i guess that they will find something eventually, such a big company with so many people can't be completely flawless.

There are probably some human errors somewhere that they maybe find soo...

Let's wait and see!

most large companies out there are dodging taxes and that is a fact