This is why you should avoid the Razer Blade Pro, along with every other Razer Product.

Do you think Razer is a good company?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Razer is a good company?

• yessir
    • nope

1 minute ago, im_an_wizard said:

I'm literally obtaining autism from what you just wrote. It failed right after it went out of warranty.

And yes, I will give a unbiased review that Razer is shit because I didn't invest $2500 in one of their laptops to become a fanboy.

Tough luck. That happens sometimes. And unless a big number of users have theirs die at the same time, you can't get a trend from it. You're just a little anecdote in this sea of noise that is the internet.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Your post seems heavily loaded with the bitterness of a bad experience.

I know Razer isn't the best, but they're certainly not the worst and they're not "a cancer in the organism of peripheral manufacturers", imo.

I don't know about their warranty personally because every razer thing I've had problems with, i've just fixed myself :)

That includes an Abyssus and a Deathstalker. Oh, this one time I had another razer keyboard that died while updating its firmware, I should have RMA'd that. Was many years ago and I didn't think of that at the moment.

Mouse =/= laptop

Their laptops are horrible designed for such an expensive piece of hardware. Unlike macbooks, blades are packed with more powerful components and produce 3-4x more heat and as a result have absurdly loud fans (louder than a reference 290X) and are hotter than one as well

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Well all razer laptops has heat problems......

He's complaining about his terrible experience with Razer, even though he has no warrantee on his product. Razer has no obligation to him, only the original owner and purchaser. 

2 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

He's complaining about his terrible experience with Razer, even though he has no warrantee on his product. Razer has no obligation to him, only the original owner and purchaser. 

I am complaining that Razer can't make a reliable product. A laptop that costs $2500 should last more than 3 years. That fucker should be running 10 years from now.

This is not a direct complaint of Razer's warranty, as warranty is warranty. However, a complaint of poor quality products at a premium price.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1368241

i7-6700K @ Stock Speeds | 32GB DDR4(16x2) | GTX 970 SSC | 2TB Intel PC3520 PCI SSD | 2TB WD RE4 7200rpm | Fractal Define R5

Corsair M65 RGB Mouse | Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard | Audio Technica M50x Headphones

1 minute ago, im_an_wizard said:

I am complaining that Razer can't make a reliable product. A laptop that costs $2500 should last more than 3 years. That fucker should be running 10 years from now.

Get a T H I N K P A D :D 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Mouse =/= laptop

Their laptops are horrible designed for such an expensive piece of hardware. Unlike macbooks, blades are packed with more powerful components and produce 3-4x more heat and as a result have absurdly loud fans (louder than a reference 290X) and are hotter than one as well

Gotcha.

This is why the video on the CX power supplies ends with that mighty little slogan.

Never trust a brand.

Always review the product.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Get a T H I N K P A D :D 

I had something better than a thinkpad, but I wanted GTX graphics instead of quadro graphics.

i7-6700K @ Stock Speeds | 32GB DDR4(16x2) | GTX 970 SSC | 2TB Intel PC3520 PCI SSD | 2TB WD RE4 7200rpm | Fractal Define R5

Corsair M65 RGB Mouse | Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard | Audio Technica M50x Headphones

Just now, im_an_wizard said:

I had something better than a thinkpad, but I wanted GTX graphics instead of quadro graphics.

a toughbook? because ThinkPads are the best build business laptops you can get right now.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

a toughbook? because ThinkPads are the best build business laptops you can get right now.

At the moment, but on a stricter budget my Elitebook 8760w was the shit.

Well, the slogan goes the other way as well. Just like you can't base a product's quality based on its brand, you also can't judge the entire brand based on a single product.

Now, something that can absolutely be said about Razer goes along the lines of "Razer makes alright peripherals, but their laptops overheat like they're in the Sahara".

Also one of my favourite one-and-a-half-liners when discussing this problem. Hardware too hot? Undervolt :)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Well, the slogan goes the other way as well. Just like you can't base a product's quality based on its brand, you also can't judge the entire brand based on a single product.

Now, something that can absolutely be said about Razer goes along the lines of "Razer makes alright peripherals, but their laptops overheat like they're in the Sahara".

Also one of my favourite one-and-a-half-liners when discussing this problem. Hardware too hot? Undervolt :)

Any product that costs 40% more than average competition with similar performance should be much more stable and reliable. It should have build quality that can't be challenged.

As with the Quadro vs GTX, that was meerly me saying the Quadro 3000m GPU in my Elitebook was lacking when it came to games.

3 minutes ago, im_an_wizard said:

Any product that costs 40% more than average competition with similar performance should be much more stable and reliable. It should have build quality that can't be challenged.

As with the Quadro vs GTX, that was meerly me saying the Quadro 3000m GPU in my Elitebook was lacking when it came to games.

Nobody ever said that you were paying for the performance, when get a Razer laptop, you are getting the aesthetics, the experience, and the brand name. I don't think anybody ever gleamed about the high-quality performance of the cooling systems in the Razer. What people do recognize about Razer products are the quality of the build. 

17 minutes ago, im_an_wizard said:

I'm literally obtaining autism from what you just wrote. It failed right after it went out of warranty.

And yes, I will give a unbiased review that Razer is shit because I didn't invest $2500 in one of their laptops to become a fanboy.

Dude, your autism is contagious. Just, fucking, fucking it, I'm leaving, I'm not feeding this troll anymore. 

1 minute ago, positivePXL said:

Nobody ever said that you were paying for the performance, when get a Razer laptop, you are getting the aesthetics, the experience, and the brand name. I don't think anybody ever gleamed about the high-quality performance of the cooling systems in the Razer. What people do recognize about Razer products are the quality of the build. 

Dude, your autism is contagious. Just, fucking, fucking it, I'm leaving, I'm not feeding this troll anymore. 

>What people do recognize about Razer products are the quality of the build

razer fanboy detected

12 minutes ago, im_an_wizard said:

At the moment, but on a stricter budget my Elitebook 8760w was the shit.

T420s :D That laptop can take a god damn beating and have a Quadro NVS 4200m and you could put a quad core in it, because the CPU is not solder on and the cooling is insanely good. I once droped my t420s from 8m (about 16.25feet) height, and only a little plastic corner broke off (it was already creaked a little) and yes it landed on the corner.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

T420s :D That laptop can take a god damn beating and have a Quadro NVS 4200m and you could put a quad core in it, because the CPU is not solder on and the cooling is insanely good. I once droped my t420s from 8m (about 16.25feet) height, and only a little plastic corner broke off (it was already creaked a little) and yes it landed on the corner.

enterprise laptops are best laptops

enterprise laptops are best laptops

yep :D 

1 hour ago, im_an_wizard said:

Read the post, it's not a good product.

So it's a bad product because you say so?

Wow... self-entitled much? One lemon doesn't mean JACK in the long running scheme of things. So you're gonna compare the HP Elitebook to a consumer gaming laptop? First off, one is a unibody MacBook carbon copy with a few mods to the chassis for the cooling. Second, comparing the two is liiterally like comparing a Xeon vs an i7. One is designed for high performance workloads over a long-term lifespan, the other is designed for maximum-performance during a short-term lifespan.

I will admit that Razer has a LONG way to go compared to Dell or HP, but don't start hating on a product when your friend has no idea what he's paying for. The Quadro 3000m? That's not a gaming card. Build construction? REALLY!? You're gonna hate on a company because it's not as durable!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!

"It's not meant to be toted around town 24/7, so it's not a good computer."

"It's really hard to dismantle, so it's crap."

"The customer support says my warranty is void because I dismantled my PC, so this company should die."

And my favorite complaint I saw:

"The laptop connectors are fragile because they're so tiny, so this laptop is absolute garbage!"

Oh here's something! How's about I name the other companies that void your warranty if you open their stuff up?

Apple

Hewlet Packard

Toshiba
Micro Star International

Dell

ASUS

Lastly, if you think that just because I've invested time and money into an item, that I'll defend it flat out, you're wrong. That's a very one-sided thought process and if anyone needs a wake-up call, it's you. I've had TONS of crap items from Dell, Toshiba, HP, and even a few from Asus. Out of every brand, the only one that's been decent for me is Toshiba actually. So perhaps cooling your rocks off a bit more before posting nonsense is a bit smarter of an idea. Hating X item because you were wrong about "what environment it's to be used in" is not a wise choice.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

1 minute ago, Imglidinhere said:

Wow... self-entitled much? One lemon doesn't mean JACK in the long running scheme of things. So you're gonna compare the HP Elitebook to a consumer gaming laptop? First off, one is a unibody MacBook carbon copy with a few mods to the chassis for the cooling. Second, comparing the two is liiterally like comparing a Xeon vs an i7. One is designed for high performance workloads over a long-term lifespan, the other is designed for maximum-performance during a short-term lifespan.

I will admit that Razer has a LONG way to go compared to Dell or HP, but don't start hating on a product when your friend has no idea what he's paying for. The Quadro 3000m? That's not a gaming card. Build construction? REALLY!? You're gonna hate on a company because it's not as durable!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! It's not meant to be toted around town 24/7, so it's not a good computer. It's really hard to dismantle, so it's crap. The customer support says my warranty is void because I dismantled my PC, so this company should die.

Oh here's something! How's about I name the other companies that void your warranty if you open their stuff up?

Apple

Hewlet Packard

Toshiba
Micro Star International

Dell

ASUS

Lastly, if you think that just because I've invested time and money into an item, that I'll defend it flat out, you're wrong. That's a very one-sided thought process and if anyone needs a wake-up call, it's you. I've had TONS of crap items from Dell, Toshiba, HP, and even a few from Asus. Out of every brand, the only one that's been decent for me is Toshiba actually. So perhaps cooling your rocks off a bit more before posting nonsense is a bit smarter of an idea. Hating X item because you were wrong about "what environment it's to be used in" is not a wise choice.

Atleast other companies let you replace the battery without voiding the warranty :)

And it isn't just one lemon, use google. Razer is a widely hated and soon to be hated more company.

HP has different product lines, I am referring to their EliteBook line. The laptop had no anti tamper stuff on it for checking if someone opened it up. 

2 minutes ago, im_an_wizard said:

Atleast other companies let you replace the battery without voiding the warranty :)

And it isn't just one lemon, use google. Razer is a widely hated and soon to be hated more company.

HP has different product lines, I am referring to their EliteBook line. The laptop had no anti tamper stuff on it for checking if someone opened it up. 

Ever hear of the crap that went down with ASUS some years ago? Sounds similar to that.

I will remain effectively neutral and defend a company to a neutral point unless I'm personally affected by the issue at hand. 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

7 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

I will admit that Razer has a LONG way to go compared to Dell or HP, but don't start hating on a product when your friend has no idea what he's paying for. The Quadro 3000m? That's not a gaming card. Build construction? REALLY!? You're gonna hate on a company because it's not as durable!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!

"It's not meant to be toted around town 24/7, so it's not a good computer."

"It's really hard to dismantle, so it's crap."

"The customer support says my warranty is void because I dismantled my PC, so this company should die."

And my favorite complaint I saw:

"The laptop connectors are fragile because they're so tiny, so this laptop is absolute garbage!"

Apple

Hewlet Packard

Toshiba
Micro Star International

Dell

ASUS

Nope - Dell and Asus don't void warranties - of that I am 100% certain

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Boi, Razor t00 good, it has the nice colors. I love to use it all the time, when i be smurfin on CS:GO, #fanboy #csgo

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Well... I mean Dell as in like, their non-gamer line. I'm pretty sure if I told them I'd opened up my 7559, I'd have a 50-50 shot at getting through anyway. Alienware, yeah I know they let you open it up for certain. Asus, that's new. Seems they've grown up a bit. :P

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

13 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

I was just going to say that.

14 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

Well... I mean Dell as in like, their non-gamer line. I'm pretty sure if I told them I'd opened up my 7559, I'd have a 50-50 shot at getting through anyway. Alienware, yeah I know they let you open it up for certain. Asus, that's new. Seems they've grown up a bit. :P

nah if they don't put a sticker over a screw so you have to remove the sticker to open the laptop, then you wont void it and you don't fuck something up, just remember a lot of them will only do service on the laptop if they get it back with all the original parts in them.