This is why you should avoid the Razer Blade Pro, along with every other Razer Product.

Do you think Razer is a good company?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Razer is a good company?

• yessir
    • nope

1 minute ago, Mohenjo said:

wait wait wait. So lets just clear this. The cpu currently is at low usage right. Your looking at the max temp when the cpu was at 100 percent. The cpu as of that picture was running on 49 C. When the CPU was at 100 percent it reached temps of 90 degrees...

90*C is still fucking hot and when you max out the GPU you get throttling in games....

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

90*C is still fucking hot and when you max out the GPU you get throttling in games....

this i do not deny. But i was just confused when you said it was 90C when simply watching hulu, which it wasnt. 89C was reached at 100 percent load of both the cpu and gpu. But having the cpu at 100 percent in unrealistic when gaming. But you also need to consider the shape and size of the razer blade. the temps can easily be fixed by using a fan dock at home, but as a laptop that for basic tasks it runs perfectly fine. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

SNIP

Throttling is only a part of the story, you see when a CPU or GPU gets up to those temps their life span will shorten, so a well cooled laptop with the same specs will last longer.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Throttling is only a part of the story, you see when a CPU or GPU gets up to those temps their life span will shorten, so a well cooled laptop with the same specs will last longer.

Battery damaged due to heat?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just now, don_svetlio said:

Battery damaged due to heat?

Yeah also that

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

yes, agreed. But you also need to consider that those laptops are much bigger. In the video i showed the alienware was at 41C. the temps on those things do not get high, but its also a brick. Again if your gaming with the laptop you are most likley docked and plugged in, so you can just get a thin cooling pad to fix the issue of throttling. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

yes, agreed. But you also need to consider that those laptops are much bigger. In the video i showed the alienware was at 41C. the temps on those things do not get high, but its also a brick. Again if your gaming with the laptop you are most likley docked and plugged in, so you can just get a thin cooling pad to fix the issue of throttling. 

You will need a beast of a cooling pad to fix it and well it weighs about 3kg like most 15.6 inch laptop and even a few 17inch ones, so it's not a light one. You can get a 14inch clevo laptop that runs cooler with better specs and weighs less.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You will need a beast of a cooling pad to fix it and well it weighs about 3kg like most 15.6 inch laptop and even a few 17inch ones, so it's not a light one. You can get a 14inch clevo laptop that runs cooler with better specs and weighs less.

the razer blade is in no way a light laptop. I meant brick as in thickness and sleekness. ive held a few razer blades before, those things feel nice in the hand and look great. They have a similar appeal of macbooks. the extra cash is for the brand name. 

2 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

the razer blade is in no way a light laptop. I meant brick as in thickness and sleekness. ive held a few razer blades before, those things feel nice in the hand and look great. They have a similar appeal of macbooks. the extra cash is for the brand name. 

>brand name

I would rather own a Macbook Pro than a Razer Blade Pro.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1368241

i7-6700K @ Stock Speeds | 32GB DDR4(16x2) | GTX 970 SSC | 2TB Intel PC3520 PCI SSD | 2TB WD RE4 7200rpm | Fractal Define R5

Corsair M65 RGB Mouse | Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard | Audio Technica M50x Headphones

1 minute ago, im_an_wizard said:

>brand name

I would rather own a Macbook Pro than a Razer Blade Pro.

yet you bought the laptop. 

yet you bought the laptop. 

I also got it for $400.

i7-6700K @ Stock Speeds | 32GB DDR4(16x2) | GTX 970 SSC | 2TB Intel PC3520 PCI SSD | 2TB WD RE4 7200rpm | Fractal Define R5

Corsair M65 RGB Mouse | Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard | Audio Technica M50x Headphones

I think you have been lucky because the quality control is shit and they seem nice on the outside, but the insides and how they are put together are just plain bad.

I think you have been lucky because the quality control is shit and they seem nice on the outside, but the insides and how they are put together are just plain bad.

Look im not saying i would ever buy one of these, and im no way a "razer fan boy", in fact ive only had issues with there products. Im just playing devils advocate here. if someones point is incorrect or simply unfair i decided to point it out. This also doesn't mean some of the points i made were not incorrect either. 

The best made part of a Razer Product is their LED illuminated logo.

Everything else is practically just an addition to the logo.

Explanation of Razer products:

The Naga -> this is a Razer Logo with a mouse built around it. Buttons are made of mush and they last as long as a alcoholic dead beat stay with his wife once she tells him she's pregnant.

The Blade Pro -> This is a Laptop build around a Razer Logo. The laptop itself has many marketing buzzwords associated with it. One could almost think that it was a bunch of attention whores designing it. Trying to tag it with as many tags as they could.

The NZXT Razer Edt. -> This is a rather nice product. Mainly because Razer added their very well designed LED illuminated Logo. to a already reliable and excellent manufactured product. However, 90% of this product is not made by Razer, and thus, explains the amazing reliability.

Razer Keyboards (all) -> These are just generic Chinese boards who are graced with a Razer Logo. By utilizing chinese knock-off brands, Razer is able to cut costs, and put more RnD into their Logo in order to improve it.

Razer Headphones (all) -> This was a misstake from Razers side, but they are too deep into the shit to back out now. These products are simply dangerous. They are horribly made. Very expensive and to top it off. They are known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects.

3 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

Look im not saying i would ever buy one of these, and im no way a "razer fan boy", in fact ive only had issues with there products. Im just playing devils advocate here. if someones point is incorrect or simply unfair i decided to point it out. This also doesn't mean some of the points i made were not incorrect either. 

I know :D 

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

The NZXT Razer Edt. -> This is a rather nice product. Mainly because Razer added their very well designed LED illuminated Logo. to a already reliable and excellent manufactured product. However, 90% of this product is not made by Razer, and thus, explains the amazing reliability.

The one thing they can get right is a metal case ;)

I am tempted to put a razer laptop lower than a acer laptop on my list of laptop brands

I am tempted to put a razer laptop lower than a acer laptop on my list of laptop brands

Atleast Acer's are cheap.

Though I can say I went to change the HDD on a netbook to a SSD and I had to take apart the entire netbook(motherboard and all) to get to the HDD.

14 minutes ago, im_an_wizard said:

I also got it for $400.

Wait a min. You bought this laptop for $400 that was originally $2500. Where and who did you buy it from? Because not all companies would transfer warranties. And maybe you bought a faulty used laptop. I don't see how you can complain if you didn't buy this brand new.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

1 minute ago, im_an_wizard said:

Atleast Acer's are cheap.

Though I can say I went to change the HDD on a netbook to a SSD and I had to take apart the entire netbook(motherboard and all) to get to the HDD.

Well the only thing that is saving razer to be at the bottom is the fact that they use metal.

4 minutes ago, xboxonthego3 said:

Wait a min. You bought this laptop for $400 that was originally $2500. Where and who did you buy it from? Because not all companies would transfer warranties. And maybe you bought a faulty used laptop. I don't see how you can complain if you didn't buy this brand new.

A good friend who purchased it new. I also did a bit of programming work on the side. He got it off of Amazon. It failed when he had it new to him.

8 minutes ago, im_an_wizard said:

A good friend who purchased it new. I also did a bit of programming work on the side. He got it off of Amazon. It failed when he had it new to him.

Omfg, we are just learning of this now? You are a moron! Your friend is a moron! He borked his computer and didn't get a fixed, so you bought it from him so you could complain about how bad it was to us! 

Your post seems heavily loaded with the bitterness of a bad experience.

I know Razer isn't the best, but they're certainly not the worst and they're not "a cancer in the organism of peripheral manufacturers", imo.

I don't know about their warranty personally because every razer thing I've had problems with, i've just fixed myself :)

That includes an Abyssus and a Deathstalker. Oh, this one time I had another razer keyboard that died while updating its firmware, I should have RMA'd that. Was many years ago and I didn't think of that at the moment.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Omfg, we are just learning of this now? You are a moron! Your friend is a moron! He borked his computer and didn't get a fixed, so you bought it from him so you could complain about how bad it was to us! 

Well all razer laptops has heat problems......

1 minute ago, positivePXL said:

I'm literally obtaining autism from what you just wrote. It failed right after it went out of warranty.

And yes, I will give a unbiased review that Razer is shit because I didn't invest $2500 in one of their laptops to become a fanboy.