Hyperloop pods will be coated in Vibranium

captainemericorn.jpg

Hyperloop Transportation Technologies has announced a new technology that's going to raise the hackles of Marvel's lawyers. The company, in collaboration with Slovakian materials firm c2i, has created a carbon fiber composite that'll cover the inside and outside of its capsules. The only issue is that some bright spark decided to call this wonder material Vibranium.

Vibranium is embedded with a series of sensors that monitor stability, temperature and integrity. These sensors are intended to provide continuous feedback to HQ, so that if a pod gets damaged in transit, it'll be pulled from service as soon as it hits the dock. The company claims that the material is 10 times stronger than steel and weigh five times less than aluminum.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/24/hyperloop-transportation-technologies-vibranium/

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

Captain America: Moon landing confirmed?

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

why would they name it that... its stupid and sounds stupid

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Comics aside, I doubt this person never saw a Marvel film...Vibranium is at least mentioned in all of them. Who knows, maybe Marvel will be honored :P

16 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

why would they name it that... its stupid and sounds stupid

I actually like the name :(

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

10 times stronger than steel and weigh five times less than aluminum

Isnt Vibranium like infinitely times stronger than steel... since it reflects any force back to the original concemption place ehe?

Groomlake Authority

Vibranium?

czcmmcsfz7pqehjuzmst.jpg

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

53 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

Comics aside, I doubt this person never saw a Marvel film...Vibranium is at least mentioned in all of them. Who knows, maybe Marvel will be honored :P

I actually like the name :(

i always wondered what would happened if vibranium collided with adamantium 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Oh dear... 

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

4 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

i always wondered what would happened if vibranium collided with adamantium 

Fox would sue Disney/Marvel....

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

1 minute ago, GeekJump said:

Fox would sue Disney/Marvel....

why? x-men are a marvel product

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

why? x-men are a marvel product

Fox still owns X-men and the words "adamantium" and "mutant" (at least in terms of television and film)

6 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

Fox still owns X-men and the words "adamantium" and "mutant" (at least in terms of television and film)

so it could still happen in comics (if it hasn't already happened)

6 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

so it could still happen in comics (if it hasn't already happened)

TIL the history of Marvel Metals lol

Apparently depending on the story, either can beat the other. But I'm seeing most responses leaning towards true adamantium (idk about this 'true' nonsense I don't want to fall that deep into the rabbit hole) being stronger than vibranium.

The obvious examples the responses used were Wolverine's Claws against Cap's shield. But idt Wolverine ever pierced his shield, only scratched it up a lil

2 hours ago, GeekJump said:

I believe that's why Wanda and Pietro Maximoff were called "enhanced" instead of "mutants" in the Avengers:Age of Ultron movie.

But back to the matter at hand, "Vibranium" doesn't really sound bad for a material. And I'm sure Marvel wouldn't mind. Free advertisement. 

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

I mean, if the purpose of the material was to dampen or to create or to resonate with vibrations I'd buy the material being called that. But it looks like it's more of a "Monitoring-Sensorium".

Also, it's such bullshit that you can't call something mutant in television and film. You shouldn't be able to trademark non-madeup words (words that you didn't make up yourself).

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

You shouldn't be able to trademark non-madeup words (words that you didn't make up yourself).

Words like the topic's subject.

Spoiler

Just now, TorqueS said:

Words like the topic's subject.

Pretty much

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

Also, it's such bullshit that you can't call something mutant in television and film. You shouldn't be able to trademark non-madeup words (words that you didn't make up yourself).

Fox didn't trademark the words, they purchased the rights to X-Men on film and tv from Marvel back when Marvel was hurting for money, before they sold to Disney.

1 minute ago, Yog said:

Fox didn't trademark the words, they purchased the rights to X-Men on film and tv from Marvel back when Marvel was hurting for money, before they sold to Disney.

Interesting. But does that mean Marvel can't use the term mutant without Fox's consent?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Interesting. But does that mean Marvel can't use the term mutant without Fox's consent?

if they can't what word can they use to describe Hulk if not mutant?

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Yeah, but that's Marvel's fault. They were trying to stay afloat and sold something they thought they wouldn't use.

6 hours ago, GeekJump said:

Fox still owns X-men and the words "adamantium"

lol nope, Games Workshop (Warhammer 40,000) has used that term since 1976

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Unobtainium

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

7 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

lol nope, Games Workshop (Warhammer 40,000) has used that term since 1976

And Adamantium first appeared in Marvel Comics' Avengers #66 back in July 1969, where it was a part of Ultron's outer shell (then more notably on Wolverine's skeleton and claws).

Captain America's shield (the discus one such as seen in the MCU) is typically referred to as Proto-Adamantium (with the Vibranium in the alloy, and was an accidental creation) whilst Ultron and Wolverine have True Adamantium (refined and replicated creation process) respectively.

tumblr_o6zv5vDWdd1vtcp6io4_r2_540.gif

inb4 Stan lee sues for royalty..

Details separate people.