Apple prepping thinner MacBook Pros with OLED screen above keyboard, Touch ID for Q4

1 minute ago, SurvivorNVL said:

They'd remain an option no matter who buys them out, if they ever are.

If Apple bought AMD out, if AMD were to be sold?

I think AMD will be fine.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

If Apple bought AMD out, if AMD were to be sold?

I think AMD will be fine.

If they ever are bought and absorbed by a company like Apple, Qualcomm, or IBM, then they'd definitely still be an option.  If it were Apple, they'd likely take all of the best of the best for their own products, and patent troll the entire market with practically unlimited funds.  I personally would prefer it if AMD just dissolved and went to both Intel and nVidia - then we can watch a competitive death-match.  Intel + Radeon.  nVidia + x86 after negotiating for it via their acquisition of AMD64, and the CPU division assets.  It'd be glorious.  That and it would pave the way for even more APU battles.  Intel + Radeon and beefy igpus, and nVidia with their own GPU tech.  And we consumers would benefit from the bloody match.  *_*  It's a glorious dream.

53 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

If they ever are bought and absorbed by a company like Apple, Qualcomm, or IBM, then they'd definitely still be an option.  If it were Apple, they'd likely take all of the best of the best for their own products, and patent troll the entire market with practically unlimited funds.  I personally would prefer it if AMD just dissolved and went to both Intel and nVidia - then we can watch a competitive death-match.  Intel + Radeon.  nVidia + x86 after negotiating for it via their acquisition of AMD64, and the CPU division assets.  It'd be glorious.  That and it would pave the way for even more APU battles.  Intel + Radeon and beefy igpus, and nVidia with their own GPU tech.  And we consumers would benefit from the bloody match.  *_*  It's a glorious dream.

imo that'd create a sort of duopoly in the consumer desktop and laptop market.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization