First OC Build 2.0

Hello again, 

so i changed my build that was kinda overkill for what I would be using it for, so here in the second version of it. What do you think (in term of compatibility, performance etc) ?

i know I chose an overclockable motherboard and a non-OC CPU, but I might keep it anyway

what I struggled most was the display. 

For the rest, maybe some compatibility issue with the case and components, with the components themselves or if you have other components in mind that would suit this build better, always appreciated.  

http://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic.php?c=c%2FqmWiF5riRc07KQllG1H5DArOXXmvUMiqV46xHdXjA%3D

thanks for your help. 

Also still hesitating between gtx 970 strix and gtx 1070(/1080)

23 minutes ago, Xelnaga said:

Also still hesitating between gtx 970 strix and gtx 1070(/1080)

definetly go for 1070 price like +50 performance better than 980 sooo = profit

1 hour ago, ItsMinJunLol said:
1 hour ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Not sure if mine's overkill but check it out -> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JGtjjX

Personally I can't justify buying such an expensive motherboard (cause not giving you sheer performance), I am not planning on doing any heavy video montage so Intel i7 6700k is too much, and ram is way too expensive for me, I consider the vengeance lpx 2666Mhz. 

47 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

definetly go for 1070 price like +50 performance better than 980 sooo = profit

Would I get bottlenecked from CPU and other components though, by adding a 1070 instead of a 970

On 5/24/2016 at 10:05 AM, Xelnaga said:

Would I get bottlenecked from CPU and other components though, by adding a 1070 instead of a 970

depends on cpu,but I dnt think

On 5/24/2016 at 6:52 AM, Xelnaga said:

Hello again, 

so i changed my build that was kinda overkill for what I would be using it for, so here in the second version of it. What do you think (in term of compatibility, performance etc) ?

i know I chose an overclockable motherboard and a non-OC CPU, but I might keep it anyway

what I struggled most was the display. 

For the rest, maybe some compatibility issue with the case and components, with the components themselves or if you have other components in mind that would suit this build better, always appreciated.  

http://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic.php?c=c%2FqmWiF5riRc07KQllG1H5DArOXXmvUMiqV46xHdXjA%3D

thanks for your help. 

I would swap out that Intel SSD for something else such as a Samsung 850 EVO. If you are only gaming then you won't notice any difference whatsoever.

You don't need an aftermarket cpu cooler with a non 'k' cpu although it will run quieter under load with one. 

You have an Nvidia graphics card, but your monitor is Freesync. It will still work but you won't be able to use the adaptive sync feature. If you want that monitor than swap the GTX 970 to an R9 390 (Or wait for the upcoming AMD gpu's)

The BeQuiet psu is overpriced. I would look at the Corsair RMx/RMi, EVGA G2/GQ or CoolerMaster V.

I would take a Fractal Design R5 over the BeQuiet 800 as it is just as good for less money.

And if you are sticking with a Z170 board then there are cheaper options on that website.