Quick question regarding perfomance

Go to solution Solved by RedWulf,

Quality, it shouldn't change a thing 

performance, technically it will require more 'power' since its not just reading one feed of data but not to any extent that should impact you or cause you to wait to watch you media. The ram may already be drastic overkill so if you want redundancy then go for it since you are better off to take a few more milliseconds to exchange media than to have to replace tbs of movies. 

Setting up a FreeNAS, and was wondering if choosing Raid Z2 would result in any loss of quality, and/or performance (regarding streaming movies, shows, etc).

Setup is a c2750d4I w/ 8x 6tb HDD's and 64gb of ecc ram.

Thanks in advance!

Quality, it shouldn't change a thing 

performance, technically it will require more 'power' since its not just reading one feed of data but not to any extent that should impact you or cause you to wait to watch you media. The ram may already be drastic overkill so if you want redundancy then go for it since you are better off to take a few more milliseconds to exchange media than to have to replace tbs of movies. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567]