Building a owncloud server

Hi guys! So a friend of mine asked me to help him build his own cloud server and I said yes, but I don't know much about servers. So, I think that it's better to use ECC Ram because it's mandatory that the serves is 24/7 on.

The budget is preety high, but the server intended is a low end, there will only be 4 users/5 tops, and they want 1TB for each person. So, please, sugest me a build.

Thank you guys

A Raspberry Pi 3 and some hard drives?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

1 minute ago, Kryptyx said:

ECC memory isn't included in a Pi, and the kid wants to host his own MC server as well at the same time, so the Pi won't be a option

2 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

You would need a POWERED USB hub with that as the Pi3 probably wont supply enough power 

UTC/GMT (Except during BST)

1 minute ago, pedroribeiro said:

ECC memory isn't included in a Pi, and the kid wants to host his own MC server as well at the same time, so the Pi won't be a option

I dont think you'd really need ECC memory..

Anyway they'd want a small desktop PC (laptop) to run it, 

UTC/GMT (Except during BST)

2 minutes ago, pedroribeiro said:

You don't really need ECC memory. Also, assuming MC = Minecraft, you can install that on a Rpi3

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Thanks, but I had an ideia. I'll sell them my old rig (Pentium 4) and I'll work with it

Try it with that old PC if it works, but for 24/7 get a new one for better Power consumption. The p4 draws ~100w without drives. 3x3tb drives for 6tb storage and an skylake Pentium/i3 (not sure about minecraft) should Do it.

8 hours ago, pedroribeiro said:

The CPU would work fine, however it may use a lot of power consumption. Is that an issue?

I'm a blogger, student, and developer. I love re-purposing old hardware such as PCs, routers, and phones.