Overwatch

Swegly

You guys have probably seen alot of these topics recently and Im sorry about that but I need something answered. I plan on buying this game but I am only hesitant because people say it isnt fun solo. I think that everything about the game looks awesome, the only thing holding me back is the possible let down of playing solo. I guess I can see this being a problem for a little while after launch due to people learning the game but eventually people have to realise how to play and work with their team. Do you think it is worth buying?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

It's still a fun game. Like most competitive games, you benefit from having friends to play with but it shouldn't be a deal breaker. Unfortunately, Blizzard does tend to cater more towards co-op than single player experience. You get bonus XP for playing with friends versus playing solo.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

I had fun playing only solo during the beta. Just play characters you want and have fun.

I used to be quite active here.

I only played the Beta solo and had a blast.  That said I also enjoy Pubs in CS:GO (I usually aggressively mute trolls in that case) I didn't have to do any of that in the beta for overwatch.  Most people got the point and played the objective.  I can see how this could be really fun on a well coordinated team but the Beta community was friendly enough and the game is fun even when you are getting rolled by a better organized team (does not happen as often as you would think). 

That said, if you are concerned I would wait a few weeks and see how the non-beta community pans out.  It also probably varies region to region and by time of day when talking about pubs though.  

A single player can still swing the battle in most cases. Just learn the classes and understand how to counter your opponents.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    

This seems to be the same claim as saying CS:GO is not fun solo. I don't think such claim is true for either and I had a lot of fun rounds alone. Of course there were always inexperienced players but there will be ranked and always remember: inexperienced!= troll. And the probability of a troll is always higher in the enemy team if you not troll yourself. 

My point is, wait for a few weeks if you are truly sceptical but imho you don't Really need to worry. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I enjoyed playing the Beta solo and with friends.
I'd take a shot at it. It's fun either way IMO.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

1 hour ago, Kryptyx said:

You get bonus XP for playing with friends versus playing solo.

TIL.

1 hour ago, GER_T4IGA said:

This seems to be the same claim as saying CS:GO is not fun solo. I don't think such claim is true for either and I had a lot of fun rounds alone. Of course there were always inexperienced players but there will be ranked and always remember: inexperienced!= troll. And the probability of a troll is always higher in the enemy team if you not troll yourself. 

My point is, wait for a few weeks if you are truly sceptical but imho you don't Really need to worry. 

^this. If it was a competitive match I would understand wanting to party up like CSGO but solo-ing in OW is just as fun IMO. I played the beta by myself and didn't feel like I was missing out. And, in some matches, other randos talked and gave strats like if they were in a party with you.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I had fun play solo during the open beta. It's worth a try. 

2 hours ago, Kryptyx said:

A single player can still swing the battle in most cases. Just learn the classes and understand how to counter your opponents.

Really? That's not the impression I got. There are heroes with a decent skillcap, but every hero has at least a handful of other heroes that hard-counter it. As a result, you're not often going to get a single person that carries their team. Composition and a reasonable degree of teamwork (aka discipline to not trickle in, etc.) is what's going to matter more than a single person being highly skilled.

6 minutes ago, Scionyde said:

Really? That's not the impression I got. There are heroes with a decent skillcap, but every hero has at least a handful of other heroes that hard-counter it. As a result, you're not often going to get a single person that carries their team. Composition and a reasonable degree of teamwork (aka discipline to not trickle in, etc.) is what's going to matter more than a single person being highly skilled.

I assure you, a single player can still carry. Teamwork and cooperation are still very important but don't underestimate a player who knows what they are doing.

24 minutes ago, Scionyde said:

Not to brag, but I carried matches during the beta :3. On the flip side, my teams have also gotten wrecked by 1 top fragger lol

Especially until they nerf some heroes (Bastion OP), good players couple with OP heros = 1 man carry.

I top fragged with the robot healer (also a tad op IMO)

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Honestly I don't feel like any of the characters are OP. They made a ton of tweaks during the closed beta to work that stuff out. They even buffed Bastion in some ways because he was dying way too fast. A good Tracer can wreak havoc on a Bastion.

1 minute ago, Kryptyx said:

Honestly I don't feel like any of the characters are OP. They made a ton of tweaks during the closed beta to work that stuff out. They even buffed Bastion in some ways because he was dying way too fast. A good Tracer can wreak havoc on a Bastion.

wahhh? Tracer, IMO, felt like one of the weaker heroes. Which surprised me since she is the main one advertised. 

Okay, maybe no OP but if you don't have the right counter hero is get's annoying lol. But so far all the heros are kinda even except for Tracer, the DJ guy, and the Eskimo lady - those 3 are the weakest/hardest to do well with.

5 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

wahhh? Tracer, IMO, felt like one of the weaker heroes. Which surprised me since she is the main one advertised. 

Okay, maybe no OP but if you don't have the right counter hero is get's annoying lol. But so far all the heros are kinda even except for Tracer, the DJ guy, and the Eskimo lady - those 3 are the weakest/hardest to do well with.

Tracer, Lucio and Mei are all very strong in their own way. Tracer really can dominate a team if played well. Lucio is the strongest healer by far. Mei is great at countering Tracer and her ultimate can change the game.

I've been playing since closed beta last year.

Tracer, Lucio and Mei are all very strong in their own way. Tracer really can dominate a team if played well. Lucio is the strongest healer by far. Mei is great at countering Tracer and her ultimate can change the game.

Nahhhh Robot Monk Dude is the best healer by far. I say best because he is a good middle ground for offense and support. 

All the hero's have good ultimates but if it's a struggle to use them, you'll hardly earn enough points to use it.

3 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

Nahhhh Robot Monk Dude is the best healer by far. I say best because he is a good middle ground for offense and support. 

All the hero's have good ultimates but if it's a struggle to use them, you'll hardly earn enough points to use it.

Zenyatta is decent but can't heal nearly as much as Lucio. Also he is fairly easy to counter. Orbs can be line of sighted. His ultimate is good for pushing but a competent opponent will just save their ammo and focus him the second it drops.

Zenyatta is decent but can't heal nearly as much as Lucio. Also he is fairly easy to counter. Orbs can be line of sighted. His ultimate is good for pushing but a competent opponent will just save their ammo and focus him the second it drops.

You just have to pay attention to your teammates and move the orb to where it's needed. Same goes for the orb of discord (?). If a enemy is pushed, hit em in the face with your purple ball ;) (usually there is always a fool that gets ahead of his team)

Unlike the other healers, a decent player can hold their own a bit using Robot Monk Dude (aka Zenyatta). 

His ultimate is ehh - like you said it's good for pushing. But the time is too short.

1 minute ago, GeekJump said:

You just have to pay attention to your teammates and move the orb to where it's needed. Same goes for the orb of discord (?). If a enemy is pushed, hit em in the face with your purple ball ;) (usually there is always a fool that gets ahead of his team)

Unlike the other healers, a decent player can hold their own a bit using Robot Monk Dude (aka Zenyatta). 

His ultimate is ehh - like you said it's good for pushing. But the time is too short.

Lucio can have more of an impact in my opinion. His knockback can easily KO opponents off the map or disrupt them enough in team fights to make them easy targets. He can also win most 1v1 encounters due to his insane self sustain. Zenyatta used to be much stronger but they made it so you can LOS the orbs and make them fall off. The second I have an orb on me I just hide until it falls then kill him. They both have their place but I feel like Lucio is really superior in most situations.

7 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

Lucio can have more of an impact in my opinion. His knockback can easily KO opponents off the map or disrupt them enough in team fights to make them easy targets. He can also win most 1v1 encounters due to his insane self sustain. Zenyatta used to be much stronger but they made it so you can LOS the orbs and make them fall off. The second I have an orb on me I just hide until it falls then kill him. They both have their place but I feel like Lucio is really superior in most situations.

Huh, was the update in the beta or the full release?

Maybe I should play the launch version to test it >_>. Far Harbor comes first tho :P

Huh, was the update in the beta or the full release?

Maybe I should play the launch version to test it >_>. Far Harbor comes first tho :P

This was during closed beta, as I mentioned earlier, I've been playing since last year. I've been in every alpha/beta test.

4 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

This was during closed beta, as I mentioned earlier, I've been playing since last year. I've been in every alpha/beta test.

Well guess I played against fools because Idt I every saw someone knock off my purple balls of death :/ or they just die early lol

BTW, now I hate you...I tried to get into alpha/beta since the beginning and finally managed to play when they made it open X'D

Well guess I played against fools because Idt I every saw someone knock off my purple balls of death :/

BTW, now I hate you...I tried to get into alpha/beta since the beginning and finally managed to play when they made it open X'D

It helps to know people :)

It helps to know people :)

can said people slid me a product key for the retail version? :3

never hurts to ask

3 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

can said people slid me a product key for the retail version? :3

never hurts to ask

Haha, nah doesn't work like that. :D