Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bradders

Can I use two different types of fan on a radiator

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, im getting the cooler master nepton 240m for my rig i will be building. It comes with two cooler master silencio 120mm fans (performance edition). I cant buy them but I can buy the non performance edition version of them.

Can I use two different types of fan on my radiator?

- Air 540 - MAXIMUS IX HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 970 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 250GB - Seagate 2TB - H100i V.2 - RM750X

Corsair Strafe RGB MX silent - Razer Deathadder Chroma Elite - JBL pebbles - LG 24MP88HM-S

yup, just make sure they're both facing the same way :P 

also, if they come with fans why're you buying more? Unless they're quieter fans the silencio fans should do great

edit: I'm confused, do you mean two different fans at once or can you swap fans? The answer to both is yes

// irenebb-pc v4 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] RTX 2060 Super [] 16GB Crucial Ballistix [] Samsung U28D590 (4K) []

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

yup, just make sure they're both facing the same way :P 

and I'm confused, if they come with fans why're you buying more?

just improve temps a little, they are pretty cheap where i'm buying them

- Air 540 - MAXIMUS IX HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 970 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 250GB - Seagate 2TB - H100i V.2 - RM750X

Corsair Strafe RGB MX silent - Razer Deathadder Chroma Elite - JBL pebbles - LG 24MP88HM-S

Just now, Bradders said:

just improve temps a little, they are pretty cheap where i'm buying them

alright :D good luck!

// irenebb-pc v4 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] RTX 2060 Super [] 16GB Crucial Ballistix [] Samsung U28D590 (4K) []

I would put the same fans on opposite sides of the rad and not next to each other... so they are sucking/blowing their twin. It will look worse but at least you know that they will have exactly the same air flow rates and won't be mismatched at all,.

On 5/23/2016 at 9:42 AM, shibbs said:

You're wanting to go push-pull? Is twice the noise worth 1 degree?

Most (sensible) people use push pull so that they can lower the rpm of both fans while maintaining the same airflow, at a lower noise level. You're right though, not many circumstances benefit much from 2x the fans running at full blast. 

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q