Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trueye04

Good quiet Static Pressure fans for X61?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

I have an x61 Kraken cooling system that works wonderful. However, the stock fans they come with are really loud at 50-65% fan speed. Any good quiet and performing fans out there?

Noctua NF-F12, I don't know what he said 14 for. Corsair SP fans are awful on radiators because they have a round frame and all the air blows out the sides. NF-F12s are the best static pressure fans you can get, especially for radiators.

Regular NF-F12s will give you good performance and run quiet

iPPC NF-F12s will give you quiet performance at low speeds, with the option to turn them up for more cooling.

OP, PLEASE don't listen to these goofballs telling you to get 120mm fans.  Your X61 needs 140mm fans.

If you want quiet, I have the Noctua NF-A 140 in my case, but in the LTT Special Edition. They're pretty good, but there has to be better out there.  The next fan I'm trying is going to be the Fractal Design HP-14.

21 hours ago, BenjaminC said:

Noctua NF-F12, I don't know what he said 14 for. Corsair SP fans are awful on radiators because they have a round frame and all the air blows out the sides. NF-F12s are the best static pressure fans you can get, especially for radiators.

Regular NF-F12s will give you good performance and run quiet

iPPC NF-F12s will give you quiet performance at low speeds, with the option to turn them up for more cooling.

On 5/23/2016 at 7:42 PM, Aytex said:

if your willing to drop alot on fans you can always go for the nf 12-14

cheaper alt is the 120 sp

A recent test by a GB reviewer of 71 different fans found the GP-14 to be the best high performance quiet fan.  Cheap too haha. 

But yea nf-a14,  hp-14 and silent wings 2 are all good alternatives. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

On 5/25/2016 at 5:20 PM, shibbs said:

OP, PLEASE don't listen to these goofballs telling you to get 120mm fans.  Your X61 needs 140mm fans.

I don't remember telling OP to get 120mm fans, I explained what the guy who did recommend them was trying to say. 

OP, replace every instance of "F12" in my previous reply with "A14" and take this as a recommendation