[Build Log] From an Aussie

Parkway Drive

FINAL

I hooked up my extra fill line to the fitting on top of the res and started to fill. I needed to make sure the line down to the pumps was completely full and the pumps wouldn't run dry. I actually hooked up my old PC to the pumps so I wouldn't have to turn on the system or jumper a PSU. Did a leak test and all was perfect.

Hooked up a strip of BitFenix Alchemy LEDs and added the magnetic dust filter to the back 240 rad fans on the side panel.

th_172.jpg th_173.jpg

th_174.jpg th_175.jpg th_176.jpg th_177.jpg

th_178.jpg

My Final Setup

182.jpg

th_181.jpg th_183.jpg

Anyway hope you guys liked the build, I know it's no where near the best 800D or even close to some of the mods you guys have done but if you guys like it (or hate it) let me know. Past few days I have been thinking of doing some more major mods but just no time at the moment, University semester just started here so too busy to get anything done and need my PC.

Justin

instant points for the batman background and good pc

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Yay Aussies for the win, i love this build :)

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

+1 for Aussies!

Machine looks beast, mate.

Yay Aussies for the win, i love this build :)
Thanks Tic. Tried my best. I wish I had more time to do some more creative mods. I did want to try to do the loop from all Bitspower multilink like singularity does but just didn't have the time, maybe after I've finished uni.

+1 for Aussies!

Woot a moderator from Oz.

Thanks for the feedback. So glad to see we got a decent number of Aussies that tune into techtips.

Thanks for all the work Linus, Slick, Mr Wizard and the rest of the Moderators. awesome job with the forums

+1 for Aussies!

Windspeed36 is also a moderator - Australia just rocks.

This build is beast; I hope it gets featured on the live stream! We will see.

Love the build. What excites me the most is the motherboard mods you did. Looks really good and very tidy! Will be on the lookout for any more mods you do ;)

Top quality build and MOD! Really appreciate all the details you have provided in this build log to help others along as they try things as well.

Question - did you give any thought to using something link Crystal Link for your short runs and just file down to length? Just wondering...

Really love the color scheme....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Really good job mate, Aussies run this joint!

Question; The Bitspower Mat black & carbon black fittings, is there much difference in colour? Are they both dull blacks cause im sorta looking for more glossy black fitting?

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

Love the build. What excites me the most is the motherboard mods you did. Looks really good and very tidy! Will be on the lookout for any more mods you do ;)
Thanks EChondo

I had actually been waiting for the MVF for about 8 months, since beginning of 2012, til its release in about late July in Australia. I really took my time doing the mods on the board cause we all know it's the backbone of the system and I really didn't want to try to explain to the retailer how I got paint on it :D

beautiful. Great job! :)
Thanks John

I think I should be saying great job to you on being only 13 and having such a better rig than most guys on the forum. For all the guys saying your parents bought it for you, just ignore em. Keep doing awesome builds and you got a bright future my friend.

Cheers for the comment

Top quality build and MOD! Really appreciate all the details you have provided in this build log to help others along as they try things as well.

Question - did you give any thought to using something link Crystal Link for your short runs and just file down to length? Just wondering...

Really love the color scheme....

Thanks Whaler

I had the build log posted on my own gaming community forums but I thought I should cut down all the pages and pages about some of my choices and details so believe it or not this is the short version of my build log.

I did think about using crystal link for most of the build, kinda like Singularity computers does. I was going to use all straight runs and 90 degree turns but in the end it would have cost me a lot more on fittings and unfortunately the stock of crystal link (or watercooling parts) in Australia aren't the most abundant. I was thinking of running mayhems with the links but after sifting through forums like Overclockers AU I chose to just go straight Distilled with just Blue tubing to get the colours I wanted.

I also didn't want to over do it with all the blue and that's why most of the gear is black with just highlights of blue and the one BitFenix Alchemy strip. My first build was in an original Antec 900 with an overclocked E8400. Was back in high school when all the flashy lights and gaming looking cases were so "cool" to me. Over time the novelty kinda wears off and this one I really focused on a simple looking case which was as quiet as I could get it since I run it 24/7 and I couldn't sleep with my Antec 900 on.

Anyway thank you so much for the feedback and sorry for the lecture. Keep up the good work as mods.

Cheers

+1 for Aussies!

Thanks Dim

I'd be truly honoured if it did but I've seen a lot of good builds on here that haven't been featured yet. I'm hoping to catch the next stream but because of the time difference I might be at uni. Probably just sit in class and watch :P otherwise I'll have to watch the Youtube archive of it when its uploaded.

Cheers mate

Really good job mate, Aussies run this joint!

Question; The Bitspower Mat black & carbon black fittings, is there much difference in colour? Are they both dull blacks cause im sorta looking for more glossy black fitting?

Thanks Bupalooga

I'm guessing it's just the title used by Bitspower to distinguish between their extenders and fittings. If you look on the stippling on the matte black fittings, it's the exact same finish on the carbon black extensions. I really can't tell the difference in the finishes.

Yeh they are more dull blacks, I'm not sure if there are black fittings that have a really glossy finish. I know Bitspower have black sparkle and Phobya have black nickel but they kinda just look grey rather than black. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. There might be someone on here that knows where to get really glossy black fittings.

I hear you about the fittings - they can really add up when you want to start using bends, angles, etc. As for the "lights" I know what you mean - used to be everything was about bling. In my current build I use NZTX LED strips, which have on/off switches and all my AF fans are BitFenix Spectre PRO LED hooked up to their Hydra controller so I can turn off the LED's with a button. Only thing on in my case is a nice UV cathode, so my tubing and coolant glow a cool blue.

As for the crystal link - I have seen where is looks really nice, but I still think it be a pain filing it down to those exact lengths needed - lot of expensive waste. At least tubing, except for the shortest runs, is pretty re-usable... and if not, only a couple bucks per 10' anyways. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I hear you about the fittings - they can really add up when you want to start using bends, angles, etc. As for the "lights" I know what you mean - used to be everything was about bling. In my current build I use NZTX LED strips, which have on/off switches and all my AF fans are BitFenix Spectre PRO LED hooked up to their Hydra controller so I can turn off the LED's with a button. Only thing on in my case is a nice UV cathode, so my tubing and coolant glow a cool blue.

As for the crystal link - I have seen where is looks really nice, but I still think it be a pain filing it down to those exact lengths needed - lot of expensive waste. At least tubing, except for the shortest runs, is pretty re-usable... and if not, only a couple bucks per 10' anyways. :)

Agreed. I also had the problem about attaching the MVF block without the crystal link since the block has fixed barbs (still with they had G1/4 threads). So that kinda determined partly why it's tubing as well. Another thing with the crystal link is if you don't get the angle and the length exact then you can get leaks just cause you need the links sitting perfect in the multi link coupler. That kinda made me nervous (being my first watercooling rig) and I wasn't exactly sure I'd want to risk that parts that I had in the case :D

Really, really awesome build.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

With your lighting, why not get an NZXT HUE? Means you can control almost every aspect of it.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

You were featured on the live stream! Very nice and clean build!!
OMG I can't believe it, I saw the first 12 mins of the live stream then had to leave to go pick up the girlfriend. I'm so honoured to have been featured.

Really, really awesome build.
Thanks mate, there are a lot of awesome builds on these forums, I'm just truly honoured that I was featured. There's been nothing but positive support from the community and it would be awesome if every build could be featured so everyone could have the level of excitement I have right now.