[Build Log] From an Aussie

Parkway Drive

awesome job dude! especially what you did with the mobo! the detail you took... nice! and a great rig! iwas planning on painting my whole mobo in white... i made a test first in a retiring graphics card... but i think i wont take a risk as i'm tight budget these days!.. i will check things you post in the future!
Thanks mate, believe it or not I was on a pretty tight budget too. I'm a uni student and it took me years to save up for my rig that's why I was very very careful with what I did to my mobo, couldn't afford to get another one. I'd love to see some of the stuff you guys test out, looking forward to seeing your build mate.

very nice work!
Thanks mate, you got a really nice rig there yourself. I'm a huge fan of the 650D, just wish the price was more competitive. Anyway good job with your own build. Very clean. Keep it up.

Thanks for checking out my build guys, I appreciate all the feedback and support

This is making me want to get up off my ass and start getting together all my stuff for my Green and black Modding. Ironically in an AMD machine.

Also +1 for Aussie builders, Gotta love PCCG

Well I'll be keeping a lookout on the forums for that custom case. Good luck mate, should be rippa.

• 3 weeks later...

im looking at doing something similar to this, (motherboard recolouring) was it hard to get it to all look neat and get that clean finish?

Character artist in the Games industry.

im looking at doing something similar to this, (motherboard recolouring) was it hard to get it to all look neat and get that clean finish?
I think it would partly depend on which motherboard and how much time you're willing to spend on modding it. It took me a little while because I took my time and not wanting to make a mistake. Honestly, it wasn't too hard to paint, it was more time in the preparation. Also be weary of what type of paint you use and what / where you are painting.

Thanks for checking out the build. More than happy to answer questions or any feedback positive or negative.

Watching the live stream from Australia at the moment.

Thanks Windspeed for adding the sticky, I couldn't even find my build log anymore.

Just got a new Samsung 840 Pro 256GB cause I was running out of room for steam games and BF3. Also picked up a 3TB Seagate for a backup drive. Unfortunately for some reason I can't edit my old posts but add those to my parts list. I decided to RAID 0 my Intel 520 so getting over 1GB/s reads and just under for writes.

Oh and just want to clarify, that this is my FIRST watercooling build

cool cool cool
Thanks MooseEgg, appreciate the time to check out the build

• 4 months later...

Liquid cooled ram=pointless but awesome

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

hey, i really like your build. It really annoys me how much us Aussies get charged for PC parts though and there really isn't that many options either. Anyways keep up the work.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add that I got a new pair of headphones and mic. I got my tax return back and I really wanted to upgrade my audio. It seemed like the next part of my build that I needed to improve. I'd been researching here on the forums and around the web and I really wanted to get a better headset. I knew the only way would be to get dedicated headphones and a mic, so I settled on a pair of Sennheiser HD558 and do a mic mod. Got them today and I have to say, as much as I love the Siberia V2, the sound quality and soundstage of these headphones are amazing. I can say for sure that the sound is better (as long as you have a good soundcard or DAC/AMP) I'm still using my ThunderFX.

If you want the best audio then definitely a pair of headphones and mic.

I have tried the foam mod and also was thinking about doing an internal connector for the boom mic mod but haven't been bothered yet since this is working fine for me.

I wrote up a review for the Sennheiser + Mic over on the audio forums that you can check out here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67563-sennheiser-558-mic-review/

Also down the line I'll be moving to some primochill rigid acrylic tubing. My watercooling loop has been aesthetically bugging me lately and I'm also looking at moving into a 900D and an extra 480 rad. Kinda been waiting out for black noctua's as well but I'm guessing I'll be waiting for a while. Anyway, raising this dead thread just for an update.

(Click to enlarge)
th_193_zps878edb45.jpg th_194_zpsdfd786d7.jpg th_195_zpsa06eaa01.jpg th_196_zps3667b3c0.jpg

197_zpsd1a71ddd.jpg

Build so sexy :o

It's so sweet that you got the "Parkway Drive" username :D Am a HUGE fan myself :)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness