"24" TV Show Review - What a confusing mess

AlTech

Disclaimer - This is my first review of any movie, TV Show or video.

Tiny Spoiler Alert.

Introduction:

“24” is an American TV show, created by CBS, centered around a fictional security agency called CTU. CTU is short for “Counter Terrorist Unit”, which as you probably guessed is about fighting terrorism.

Each season introduces the main character, Jack Bauer, and we are introduced to a terrorist threat which CTU must resolve. These terrorist threats are almost always targeted towards the US and in most seasons the president of the US is involved and calls upon CTU’s help and updates as to what is happening.

24_wallpaper.jpg

After the first episode of each season,  all future episodes contain a few minutes of flashbacks.

001.jpg

Each season takes place over a 24 hour period. Each episode shows what is going on within 1 hour of that period. Despite this each show lasts 45 ish minutes.

This is an poster made for Season 5.

hqdefault.jpg

Acting:

The acting is OK at best. Kiefer Sutherland acts as Jack Bauer throughout the series and a variety of other actors play supporting roles.

The acting from newer actors is consistently terrible most of the time. Many of the actors in the series are actors I have never seen before and I’m guessing many people never saw them before starting to watch 24.

Story & Plot:

The story behind each season Is quite good with appropriate variation to keep it from going stale. Throughout the seasons there are less and less adrenaline rush scenes and there is less tension.

Because of how the character of Jack Bauer is written, he at first seems likable but because of the way the government treats him, he is pitied by many viewers as the audience and myself are left to wonder how anybody could treat a human being like that. The government or main superior authority in every season treats him like an asset and uses him to stop terrorists from attacking the country. However, whenever Bauer’s interests do not align with the country’s best interest, the government makes Jack a target and treats him almost as badly as the terrorists. This show is hypocritical at best and confusing at worst.

There is a lot of potential for there to be many good episodes. But the truth is that most of them are what I’d consider to be filler. Honestly, a lot of the episodes are boring and don’t contribute a lot more other than what Jack Bauer is doing with his life at that particular moment.

Conclusion:

And this is where the conclusion practically writes itself. The tagline for 24 should be: “No matter how much you help your government; they can always shoot you in the back”. This just leads to a confusing pile of shit which more than 8 million people used to watch every week while the TV Show seasons premiered. Holy crap. I feels sorry for those 8+ million people.

With the new 24: Legacy airing in February 2017, I seriously question how much more can they do now that Jack Bauer is gone from the series.

Honestly, If you see this on sale then buy a digital copy or DVD. Otherwise I don’t recommend it unless you are interested by it and you want to take a look at it.

Guys, like this post if you liked it. Tell me I’m funny if you disagree with me. And leave a comment below with your opinion on 24.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

TV viewer statistics are bullshit. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

5 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

TV viewer statistics are bullshit. 

But do you agree with my analysis and conclusion?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

But do you agree with my analysis and conclusion?

Idk, I only watched like half of pilot episode and that was enough for me. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

One of the problems I have with the show, no matter how good it was, is the fact that certain events cannot take place within that "24" hour period.  In one season, they had an episode where they fly from the US to South America within that "1 hour" period.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer