How is this Build?

I think that apu will bottleneck your 390x. Downgrade it to an r9 390/380x and get an i5 4460/6400/6500 instead. Also, for a rig like this, the cx600 is a no-go. Get a cx grey or anything seasonic to be safe. Whats your budget?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I agree about the bottleneck, with an i5, an r9 290 wouldn't be a half bad option. If you're going be playing AAA titles, you might want to look at adding an SSD to hold the OS and your most-played games for faster loading than the HDD. The micro ATX board isn't bad, I just prefer ATX boards if you're going for a mid tower case. Offers more expansion opportunities and will also look better through the window since it fills the case more evenly.

On 5/22/2016 at 9:09 PM, Hazzadaz said:

Slightly off topic. Would this set up work well as a first gaming pc build?
http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/pZcQ3C

I am in NZ so computer parts are expensive and rare. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

What is your budget by chance?

Is there any reason you chose an A8? I have seen quite a few A10's perform decently for low cost gaming. If you have a budget I could probably help more, but one other thing I would recommend is using a PCI wireless network adapter, I use a TP-LINK TL-WN851ND, it is still ~$20 so I think it is a better option to USB equivalents. If you can get a dedicated CPU and dedicated GPU try to do so.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($197.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($60.09 @ Aquila Technology)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($85.00 @ PC Force)
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($83.68 @ Wiseguys)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($149.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($136.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($26.89 @ Ascent Technology)
Monitor: Acer K202HQL 60Hz 19.5" Monitor  ($138.00)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($24.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Total: $999.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-25 11:46 NZST+1200

As the gent mentioned above, the 390X is way too ambitious for this build.  Go with a R9 380 tier.  Polaris will be announced at the end of the month.  A 480 will likely outperform a 390.

Firstly,bring that power supply to 550 watts,that should be enough,second,that apu will bottleneck your graphics card,third,i don't see an air or liquid cooler in there, fourth ,instead of going with a 1 terabyte caviar blue from Western digital,why not go with a 2 terabyte Seagate baracuda for a bigger bang for the buck,and lastly,this is more of an personal experience but,go with windows 8.1,its more stable and it doesn't ask for your information that needs to be kept sending to Microsoft, also if u do go with windows 10,always disable privacy options where Microsoft will receive your data,believe me,your monthly data plan will not run out as fast as it is

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/qZJ48K

get Windows off G2A to save $100

hardwareUnboxed did a good video comparing CPUs and gaming performance. It basically showed that a Skylake i3 was generally within a frame of the 6700k with a 980 Ti.

Also wait for the 480 before you buy  a GPU. It should be around  390x performance for much less.

On 5/25/2016 at 0:48 AM, stconquest said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($197.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($60.09 @ Aquila Technology)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($85.00 @ PC Force)
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($83.68 @ Wiseguys)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($149.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($136.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($26.89 @ Ascent Technology)
Monitor: Acer K202HQL 60Hz 19.5" Monitor  ($138.00)
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($24.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Total: $999.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-25 11:46 NZST+1200

As the gent mentioned above, the 390X is way too ambitious for this build.  Go with a R9 380 tier.  Polaris will be announced at the end of the month.  A 480 will likely outperform a 390.

This is a good recommendation. Besides waiting for 480 I would definitely have a SSD drive there, or at least a Hybrid. No computer should be allowed these days with a bit of SSD inside ;)

Instead of paying $136 for the os you should check out kinguin.net. Paul's hardware on youtube just did a video on it a couple days ago and it seems legit, you could get windows 8.1 pro OEM for $26.76 right now. All you need to do is create a bootable flash drive or make a bootable disk that windows 7 can do with the ISO that you will need to download after you get your key. I haven't tried the site yet but the sites i have tried they supplied me with the download for the ISO so I didn't need to go to microsofts website to download it.

With spending $100 less you could get a better monitor like an Asus VS278Q-P (27") for $214 on Newegg, or 144hz refresh monitor like the Acer GN246HL (24") for $200 on Newegg. Also if you didn't mind spending like $260 you could get the AOC G2460PF that is 24", 144hz, and also has AMD Free Sync that will sync your frames between your monitor and gpu which should eliminate any screen tearing at 144hz. 

I hope this helps

Here are my reccomendations: 

• Take out the apu and the corresponding motherboard. I would replace with an i3 6100 (you would have to get a 1155 socket mobo, probably a H170, and ddr4, which is now a similar price to ddr3) or a 4460 (with a 1150 mobo). It will preform better, reduce the bottleneck and be better value, as you are not wasting your money on the built in graphics. 
  • I would consider a 120gb SSD to be paired with the HDD. Not nessisary, however it will make for a more pleasant experience. 
  • I wouldn't worry about the 390X. Either step down to a 380 or, if you want the unnessisary preformance (as it seems you will be running at 1080p) wait for the aftermarket cooled 1070 models, or even for the 480. 
  • The tesseract is a decent choice, however I would consider the S210  I find it to be of a higher build quality, if a tad less fully featured. Also consider a smaller mATX case, like the Fractal Design Core 1000, as you motherboard is the corresponding form factor. 
  • That power supply is... Fine. But not great. Consider a EVGA 500B. 
  • You could save some money on Windows with Kinguin. It's been fine for me all the times I've used it. 
  • Some mATX motherboards come with a built in wifi card. Maybe look for one? 
  • I would get at least a 24" monitor. 19.5 is just really small. It also has a 5ms response time, which isn't bad, but better is avalible for a good price. 
  • Spend your money on a good mouse over a good keyboard.  Get a nice mouse like a Steelseries rival 300 and a $10 keyboard, then save up and get a mechanical board. 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

On 28 May 2016 at 10:51 PM, Rickie cheong said:

Firstly,bring that power supply to 550 watts,that should be enough,second,that apu will bottleneck your graphics card,third,i don't see an air or liquid cooler in there, fourth ,instead of going with a 1 terabyte caviar blue from Western digital,why not go with a 2 terabyte Seagate baracuda for a bigger bang for the buck,and lastly,this is more of an personal experience but,go with windows 8.1,its more stable and it doesn't ask for your information that needs to be kept sending to Microsoft, also if u do go with windows 10,always disable privacy options where Microsoft will receive your data,believe me,your monthly data plan will not run out as fast as it is

• The problem isn't the wattage, it's the quality of the CX600
  • Seagate drives have a higher failure rate than WD drives. If anything, a better option would to add a 120gb SSD
  • 10 is a much better option. At this point, it is just as stable as 8.1, is more fully featured, has a better interface, is better for hardware compatability and efficiently and is worth it just for the multitasking features IMHO. As for privacy, yes, it's kinda bad, however there are guides on how to go through all the settings and figure it all out. 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

On 5/22/2016 at 2:08 AM, herman mcpootis said:

I think that apu will bottleneck your 390x. Downgrade it to an r9 390/380x and get an i5 4460/6400/6500 instead. Also, for a rig like this, the cx600 is a no-go. Get a cx grey or anything seasonic to be safe. Whats your budget?

You can't tell if it will bottleneck, there is no mythical balance of a build. Bottlenecking will all depend on the game in question, the graphical settings, and the FPS you want. 

On 6/13/2016 at 11:59 PM, BurblingBarbacoa said:
  • The problem isn't the wattage, it's the quality of the CX600
  • Seagate drives have a higher failure rate than WD drives. If anything, a better option would to add a 120gb SSD
  • 10 is a much better option. At this point, it is just as stable as 8.1, is more fully featured, has a better interface, is better for hardware compatability and efficiently and is worth it just for the multitasking features IMHO. As for privacy, yes, it's kinda bad, however there are guides on how to go through all the settings and figure it all out. 

Seagate having a higher failure rate is a myth. 

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/6028/dispelling-backblaze-s-hdd-reliability-myth-the-real-story-covered/index.html

• 4 weeks later...