WAN Show Podcast on Google Play

@LinusTech @Slick So I am an avid weekly viewer of the WAN show and also an avid podcast listener in general. I have Google Play music and they recently added good support for podcasts and I have been using that implementation. Is there a way we can get the WAN show on there? If there is anything that needs to be done, or any upkeep that would be necessary I would be more than willing to help out. Can we make this happen?

Thanks!

why not just use Podcast Republic? I use that one and it searches for podcasts on itunes, etc and can play them. WAN show is on there.

and it is much better than Google Play currently (IMO)

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

12 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

why not just use Podcast Republic? I use that one and it searches for podcasts on itunes, etc and can play them. WAN show is on there.

and it is much better than Google Play currently (IMO)

Two reasons. The main one is that I also like listening to my podcasts and having everything sync on my 2 PCs (in addition to my phone). The second reason is that I like to keep the number of apps I have to a minimum... just a personal thing. Still want WAN show on GPlay. It wouldnt even be that hard, I just would need LMG to do it because they have the rights and I don't...(durr)

1 hour ago, BuntzenB said:

Two reasons. The main one is that I also like listening to my podcasts and having everything sync on my 2 PCs (in addition to my phone). The second reason is that I like to keep the number of apps I have to a minimum... just a personal thing. Still want WAN show on GPlay. It wouldnt even be that hard, I just would need LMG to do it because they have the rights and I don't...(durr)

I guess that makes sense. I only listen to podcasts on my phone and still use my ipod for music. If you listen to them on your computer sync is important.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

We allow downloads on Soundcloud, so you can play it on whatever you want with no DRM.

Most of the revenue for WAN Show comes from the sponsors who buy placement in it, so we ultimately don't give a crap where/how you listen/watch it :)

Linus

20 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We allow downloads on Soundcloud, so you can play it on whatever you want with no DRM.

Most of the revenue for WAN Show comes from the sponsors who buy placement in it, so we ultimately don't give a crap where/how you listen/watch it :)

Linus

*I have been contacted by the almighty Linus*
Thanks for the answer Linus (praised be) and I really appreciate the fact that you do post the WAN show for free on soundcloud, but Google Play Music recently added support for podcasts (not sure if it is a USA only type thing...) and it would be really great if the WAN show were to be on there. Problem is - to post a podcast on GPlay Music, one needs the worldwide distribution rights (which unfortunately I do not have).  It would be awesome if you could add the podcast to Google Play. Link here: https://play.google.com/music/podcasts/publish?u=0#

Thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2016 at 10:59 PM, BuntzenB said:

Thanks for the answer Linus (praised be) and I really appreciate the fact that you do post the WAN show for free on soundcloud, but Google Play Music recently added support for podcasts (not sure if it is a USA only type thing...) and it would be really great if the WAN show were to be on there. Problem is - to post a podcast on GPlay Music, one needs the worldwide distribution rights (which unfortunately I do not have).  It would be awesome if you could add the podcast to Google Play. Link here: https://play.google.com/music/podcasts/publish?u=0#

Thanks so much

a community member can probably do it.  If Linus gives premession. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2016 at 2:38 AM, LinusTech said:

Linus

Yeah that's what I was asking for. You need proof of ownership though.

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2016 at 10:59 PM, BuntzenB said:

Thanks so much

Did anything happen with this. Its been a while and I would much prefer if I could subscribe to the podcast via google music. This is the only podcast that isn't on google music. that I listen to.

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2016 at 4:17 PM, geogolem said:

Did anything happen with this. Its been a while and I would much prefer if I could subscribe to the podcast via google music. This is the only podcast that isn't on google music. that I listen to.

I wish. Still no action here. I've settled on downloading them from SoundCloud and putting them on my ftp site.  Still annoying though :(

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2016 at 8:51 AM, BuntzenB said:

@LinusTech @Slick So I am an avid weekly viewer of the WAN show and also an avid podcast listener in general. I have Google Play music and they recently added good support for podcasts and I have been using that implementation. Is there a way we can get the WAN show on there? If there is anything that needs to be done, or any upkeep that would be necessary I would be more than willing to help out. Can we make this happen?

Thanks!

Hey!

We've added Google Play music as another destination for the audio podcast version of the WAN Show. If all things go well, it should be available for download next week. :) 

15 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Hey!

We've added Google Play music as another destination for the audio podcast version of the WAN Show. If all things go well, it should be available for download next week. :) 

You da boss man :x

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2017 at 11:33 AM, CPotter said:

Hey!

You're the bomb-diggity. Thanks!!