How to make0 it so short cuts and icons on the desktop can go anywhere? (Win ten)

cadabri

Hello, I was just wondering how I can make it so that if I drag an icon to a certain part of the desktop that it stays there, rather than snapping back with the group on the left side of the screen? 

Right click on the Desktop, hover over Sort By, click on the one that has the checkmark beside it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Right click on the Desktop, hover over Sort By, click on the one that has the checkmark beside it.

That changes the order, not the ability to drag something anywhere on the desktop, but I figured it out now

1 minute ago, fireclaw316 said:

Right-click the desktop, hover the cursor over "View", and disable "Align icons to grid".

Thanks! That isnt what I was quite what I was looking to do, the setting I had to turn off was "Auto sort" Or something like that, it has been so long since I had to do it and I could have sworn it was on some kind of preferences, but thank you for letting me know where to find it!

Thread moved to Windows.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch