Can't get microphone to work via audio port

OAcesync
Go to solution Solved by EunSoo,
10 minutes ago, OAcesync said:

My Realtek HD audio manager prompts to tell me what device was plugged in, if I pick headphones, I can hear audio perfectly fine but microphone doesn't register on my PC what so ever

Does the motherboard/case have two plugs? In that case you would need to buy an adapter that will split the audio from the mic and route them to the appropriate plugs. Most computers have one plug for audio output and one for audio input. Phone earbuds are a tad different and have an extra band on the plug for the mic, while computer ones generally don't have that band. So they are physically incompatble. But I got a cheap $2 splitter off amazon and that worked fine. Just make sure to plug the headphone jack and mic plugs into the appropriate places. Here is one that I found, just make sure that yours looks like it:

http://www.amazon.com/Andoer-Portable-Computer-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00XBIL6OC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1463605488&sr=8-10&keywords=Earbud+computer+adapter

My PC won't enable me to hear audio and speak through the microphone at the same time when plugged into the audio port and I don't know how to fix

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

8 minutes ago, OAcesync said:

My PC won't enable me to hear audio and speak through the microphone at the same time when plugged into the audio port and I don't know how to fix

What exactly happens, does the audio cut out when you speak into it (or vice versa). Do you have to choose which one works?

3 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

What exactly happens, does the audio cut out when you speak into it (or vice versa). Do you have to choose which one works?

My Realtek HD audio manager prompts to tell me what device was plugged in, if I pick headphones, I can hear audio perfectly fine but microphone doesn't register on my PC what so ever

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

10 minutes ago, OAcesync said:

Does the motherboard/case have two plugs? In that case you would need to buy an adapter that will split the audio from the mic and route them to the appropriate plugs. Most computers have one plug for audio output and one for audio input. Phone earbuds are a tad different and have an extra band on the plug for the mic, while computer ones generally don't have that band. So they are physically incompatble. But I got a cheap $2 splitter off amazon and that worked fine. Just make sure to plug the headphone jack and mic plugs into the appropriate places. Here is one that I found, just make sure that yours looks like it:

http://www.amazon.com/Andoer-Portable-Computer-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00XBIL6OC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1463605488&sr=8-10&keywords=Earbud+computer+adapter