First problem with new pc.Please help

Andrikos

Hello guys,i have almost built my first pc and a problem occured in the end.When i try to turn it on,i can't with the power button of the case.However,i can turn it on with a screwdriver on those two pins,What do you think is the problem?The button?The cable?Should i send my case back?Any help is welcome

Cpu:Athlon ii x4 750k,Gpu:Sapphire hd 7770,Mobo:AsRock fm2a75m-dgs,Psu:Corsair cx430,Ram:Crucial ballistix 2x4gb,Case:Zalman z9 plus,Hdd:WD blue 1TB 7200rpm,Mouse:Cm storm Xornet,Keyboard:Sharkoon Skiller,Headset:Plantronics Gamecom 380,OS:Windows 7 64bit

Make sure your front panel connectors are all plugged in. Although it could be something a lot more in depth than that.

Have you checked if you put in the front panel connectors properly? One is a negative and the other is a positive. If they're the wrong way around nothing will happen.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

like others have already said, check that you have put the connectors in correctly. If that doesn't work maybe the power button on your case is broken?

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

Yeah if you can start with jumping the connector it's either plugged into the wrong port or something is messed up with the wires/button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am a happy wuffy

Your case probably came with like 5 individual little pins for the power reset hdd and etc. Just plug those in properly....

i want to die

I did plug in the front panel connectors like the manual was showing.I plugged in the power connector the other way around too and nothing happened

Cpu:Athlon ii x4 750k,Gpu:Sapphire hd 7770,Mobo:AsRock fm2a75m-dgs,Psu:Corsair cx430,Ram:Crucial ballistix 2x4gb,Case:Zalman z9 plus,Hdd:WD blue 1TB 7200rpm,Mouse:Cm storm Xornet,Keyboard:Sharkoon Skiller,Headset:Plantronics Gamecom 380,OS:Windows 7 64bit

Have you checked if you put in the front panel connectors properly? One is a negative and the other is a positive. If they're the wrong way around nothing will happen.

Actually they don't matter for the power switch, as long as they're in the right spots they can be inverted. Reset switch included.

Do what Missioncode suggested and set the reset switch pins to the power pins.

Error: 410

Sounds like your button isnt working try setting your reset button as your power button.

Thanks a lot,the reset button worked,but still what should i do about the power button?

Yeah if you can start with jumping the connector it's either plugged into the wrong port or something is messed up with the wires/button

Damn you iPhone user, Android still has to pay...

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

Thanks a lot,the reset button worked,but still what should i do about the power button?

Sounds like it's broken. I would check the wiring to see if there's anything obvious to fix... if not... RMA

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Well if you are up to it you can go get another switch an replace the power switch.

Get a switch toes of elections have them

solder or tape it to the leds of the borken switch

put it back

or really just keep the reset switch I never use my reset switch

some cases (pun intended), on that connector there is a small little triangle barely visible. that should be the positive end. worst come to worst, you have to RMA it. But if the front connectors can be detach from the case, just RMA that one. no need to send the whole case. thats what i did with my corsair case.

some cases (pun intended), on that connector there is a small little triangle barely visible. that should be the positive end. worst come to worst, you have to RMA it. But if the front connectors can be detach from the case, just RMA that one. no need to send the whole case. thats what i did with my corsair case.

You mean to send just the the connector that goes to the power button,or the whole front panel? I think i can detach the cables from the front panel

you don't really need a reset button, my case doesn't have one and I don't miss it. simply buying a new button would probably be easiest, you can use about any type of momentary switch.

Andrikos, on 26 Sept 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

You mean to send just the the connector that goes to the power button,or the whole front panel? I think i can detach the cables from the front panel

the whole connectors (PCB,cables). Unless they require you to send the whole case which would be kinda dumb because you have a faulty switch,not case defect.

Damn you iPhone user, Android still has to pay...

woah didn't know it puts a signature on my posts..

I am a happy wuffy

woah didn't know it puts a signature on my posts..

lol, thought you were just promoting it.

lol, thought you were just promoting it.

nope it did that automatically and I need to turn It off..

Sent from my iPhone

I am a happy wuffy

I would take a look at the wiring to the button but that is just me i hard to fix my front audio before it would work right as they left out a wire. I seem to only rma something if i don't think i can fix in a few minutes with what i have on hand.

Just check that the cable leading to the power button isn't disconnected or loose. If you cannot get the power button to work, I would RMA it. Make sure that you are plugging the POWER SW into the power pins on the motherboard.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Just check that the cable leading to the power button isn't disconnected or loose. If you cannot get the power button to work, I would RMA it. Make sure that you are plugging the POWER SW into the power pins on the motherboard.

As I said before,I did put the the power sw in the correct pins.I will check the cable with my dad when he has time because he might be able to reattach wires and stuff...Otherwise I will rma it or keep it without the reset button.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

It doesn't make a difference if you invert the power button, in only matters how you connect the LED's polarity.

If you have an ohm meter try measuring the power button connectors and press the button, it should beep or make the resistance drop to 0 ohm or something close.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.