How fast is your Server 2 Internet

How fast is your internet speed at your sever room??

Mine is Both Up&Down 1Gib/s ,(Combine 2 500Mps/500Mps Verizon line and using Tomato DualWan to combine 1Gib/s

I want hear your guys internet speed:)

4 minutes ago, TheMr.ServerMan said:

Mine is 1Gib/s,(Combine 2 500Mps Verizon line and using Tomato DualWan to combine 1Gib/s

125 down/15 up at my home lab. 10Gb/s in my colo rack.

My native language is C++

On 5/17/2016 at 8:44 PM, TheMr.ServerMan said:

Mine is 1Gib/s,(Combine 2 500Mps Verizon line and using Tomato DualWan to combine 1Gib/s

ehhhh 100Megabits up 11megabits down

On 5/17/2016 at 8:46 PM, tt2468 said:

125 down/15 up at my home lab. 10Gb/s in my colo rack.

... 10Gigabits/s is your internet speed.... ummmm either you spend a million dollars a month on internet or your measuring your link speed (or whatever its called, the speed your computer is CAPABLE of talking to other machines).

---------

Use this to measure your speed speedtest.net

3 minutes ago, Izumi Reina said:

... 10Gigabits/s is your internet speed.... ummmm either you spend a million dollars a month on internet or your measuring your link speed (or whatever its called, the speed your computer is CAPABLE of talking to other machines).

The rack is in a datacenter m8

Just now, tt2468 said:

The rack is in a datacenter m8

at 10 Gigabits per second then im definitley sure thats your link speed lol (also curious how much wattage does your computer approximatley take out of the wall)

My computer is using I think ~250 watts from the wall. The rack does have a 10Gb/s link to wan with fiber.

mine is here ( i kinda feel shited on.)

5330850843.png

lok at that upload! how will i ever upload videos?

I need to use SFP+ to connect to my server to get the best speed... because CAT6 cable always losses packet...

2 minutes ago, TheMr.ServerMan said:

I need to use SFP+ to connect to my server to get the best speed... because CAT6 cable always losses packet...

hAVE heard of 6a?

My server has a 1Gbps connection for WAN, 3Gbps for LAN. At $4 per Mbps it's pricey but thank god for 95th percentile billing so I can get a dedicated 1Gbps port speed without having to pay for the full 1Gbps.

-KuJoe

15 minutes ago, Izumi Reina said:

at 10 Gigabits per second then im definitley sure thats your link speed lol (also curious how much wattage does your computer approximatley take out of the wall)

10Gbps is common for datacenters to have, it's actually nothing special. It will also have more than one.

Our WAN links are currently dual redundant 40Gbps, so 2 per site with 3 sites, with the capability to light them up at 100Gbps if we need/want.

14 minutes ago, TheMr.ServerMan said:

Buy better cables. I have 0% packet loss in my cabinets and at home.

-KuJoe

14 minutes ago, TheMr.ServerMan said:

Cat6 does not lose packets, or Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a etc. The only way a network cable would be causing packet loss if it is damaged, longer than 100m or its unshielded and next to a 200KVa power transformer.

23 minutes ago, leadeater said:

10Gbps is common for datacenters to have, it's actually nothing special. It will also have more than one.

Our WAN links are currently dual redundant 40Gbps, so 2 per site with 3 sites, with the capability to light them up at 100Gbps if we need/want.

Nice! I have been trying out an old Gnodal GS7200 with 10Gb. I can use an 4 sfp+ to 1 qsfp cable to get 40Gbps through the thing. My hosting company is nowhere near that big though lol. Not even nfoservers.com has 40Gbps.

3 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

Nice! I have been trying out an old Gnodal GS7200 with 10Gb. I can use an 4 sfp+ to 1 qsfp cable to get 40Gbps through the thing. My hosting company is nowhere near that big though lol. Not even nfoservers.com has 40Gbps.

Ours is all in-house, we're a University and have 3 Campuses in different cities and replicate between them for DR etc.

https://reannz.co.nz/services/networking/network/

https://reannz.co.nz/services/networking/internet-access/

https://reannz.co.nz/about/what-we-do/

They have just purchased another large set of networking equipment and upgrading more of the network to 100Gbps,

3 hours ago, Izumi Reina said:

You can quite easily get 10gig WAN colocation - it's just pricey. I believe some DC's will even offer 40gig in certain configurations. Normally though 10gig is done for top of rack.

6mb/s Up and down :D I run game servers

On 5/17/2016 at 8:44 PM, TheMr.ServerMan said:

Mine is Both Up&Down 1Gib/s ,(Combine 2 500Mps/500Mps Verizon line and using Tomato DualWan to combine 1Gib/s

How did you combine 2 connections, (I am noob at networking) take it easy on my please :D

2 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

How did you combine 2 connections, (I am noob at networking) take it easy on my please :D

A router that supports either WAN failover or WAN load balancing.

1 minute ago, Windspeed36 said:

And how do I find out whether my router supports this?

1 minute ago, WhatComesAround said:

Majority of consumer routers don't - it's a SMB/Enterprise thing. What's your router?

On 5/17/2016 at 1:08 AM, WhatComesAround said:

nvm found a tab that says something about a failover mode

On 5/17/2016 at 1:07 AM, Windspeed36 said:

So is your internet speed 500mb/s or is it 1gb/s and when you combine the two do you actually get a 1gb/s internet speed or just a more stable 500mb/s speed.

1 minute ago, WhatComesAround said:

So is your internet speed 500mb/s or is it 1gb/s and when you combine the two do you actually get a 1gb/s internet speed or just a more stable 500mb/s speed.

No - you'll have 2 500mb/s connections to use. It won't give you gigabit.

On 5/17/2016 at 1:09 AM, Windspeed36 said:

Majority of consumer routers don't - it's a SMB/Enterprise thing. What's your router?

One other question, you are a web host for this forum, how does that work, do you host a server that acts like an access point or something like that for LTT forums?

On 5/17/2016 at 1:11 AM, Windspeed36 said:

No - you'll have 2 500mb/s connections to use. It won't give you gigabit.

So what is the point of having the two 500mb/s connections? Again noob at this just want to learn something :D

On 5/17/2016 at 9:00 PM, josephaltareb said:

mine is here ( i kinda feel shited on.)

5330850843.png

lok at that upload! how will i ever upload videos?

I manage :| 

4 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

So what is the point of having the two 500mb/s connections? Again noob at this just want to learn something :D

• Reliability if you require it.
  • True load balancing if you can.
  • Depending on provider one might have better latency to a service you require than another so you might go with two and policy route.
  • Separate traffic types across two lines like general internet access vs public services.

Just a few examples, there are more reasons. 

3 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

One other question, you are a web host for this forum, how does that work, do you host a server that acts like an access point or something like that for LTT forums?

I had a server in colocation in a datacenter that was hosting the forums. We've since migrated to a different host.

2 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

You can then have 2 500mbit lines to use. It means that you can segregate one set of connections for say external customer traffic: website, mail access ect and the other connection can be used for staff purposes - internal mail, remote access, file sharing.