Best PS4 Gaming Headset Under 100$

Awsomethesecond

Whats the best headset for PS4? Any headset as long as its good, and under 100$ If it doesent have surround, i will be using a product like Razer Surround to add 7.1.

13 minutes ago, Awsomethesecond said:

Whats the best headset for PS4? Any headset as long as its good, and under 100$ If it doesent have surround, i will be using a product like Razer Surround to add 7.1.

Do PS4 games support 7.1?

Not sure if they do, ill take a look at those headphones right now

Just looked at those headphones, have you used them? Can i use Razer Surround on them? What are some alternatives.

I currently use HyperX Cloud 2. As it brings all the Accessories required to connect with the PS4 and Xbox one controller. 

57 minutes ago, tslammer99 said:

I currently use HyperX Cloud 2. As it brings all the Accessories required to connect with the PS4 and Xbox one controller. 

Do you use it with ps4?

Sorry to say it but there are no games that support 7.1 at least not for headphones, you can check out  Turtle beach Elite XP 800 that have a built-in sound card that convert the sound from DTS to 7.1. But getting DTS is coming out at 5.1. Just get a sound bar with 5.1 or 7.1 DTS and you will be set. Buying a headphones the controller doesn't support it, it only does stereo sound. Now if you connect it from the PS4 to the sound bar you will get the DTS 7.1 - 5.1 surround sound.

30 minutes ago, tslammer99 said:

Sorry to say it but there are no games that support 7.1 at least not for headphones, you can check out  Turtle beach Elite XP 800 that have a built-in sound card that convert the sound from DTS to 7.1. But getting DTS is coming out at 5.1. Just get a sound bar with 5.1 or 7.1 DTS and you will be set. Buying a headphones the controller doesn't support it, it only does stereo sound. Now if you connect it from the PS4 to the sound bar you will get the DTS 7.1 - 5.1 surround sound.

I watched video on how to use it through USB, so ps4 doesent even support 7.1 through

You can try the only USB on the from of the PS4, but I have a wireless 7.1 Headset and downs even support it. But doesn't hurt to try with other brands.

4 minutes ago, tslammer99 said:

You can try the only USB on the from of the PS4, but I have a wireless 7.1 Headset and downs even support it. But doesn't hurt to try with other brands.

Ive read in places that PS4 does support 7.1 on headsets. How are the TurtleBeach Stealth 500p's? Or the Afterglow Krals.

My brother in law uses Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 500P and he loves them, they have 7.1 but he says it's more of the DTS and it converts it to 7.1.

Spoiler

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, tslammer99 said:

My brother in law uses Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 500P and he loves them, they have 7.1 but he says it's more of the DTS and it converts it to 7.1.

Hide contents

Hide contents

I have heard they are fragile, what do you thinks better, HyperX Cloud 2, or 500p's still wondering bout the afterglow krals

From what I have read afterglows Krals are not bad, also saw a review on youtube, they seem decent, worth checking out.

2 hours ago, tslammer99 said:

From what I have read afterglows Krals are not bad, also saw a review on youtube, they seem decent, worth checking out.

Ok what should i do? Alot of bad reviews on the 500ps, the HyperX 2s arent completly supported on ps4.

So I reached out to a good friend of mine, and he talks about amazing things about the Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 500P, but he said the biggest issue he finds is the following; Whenever the volume is down the sound breaks and you can hear a squeaky, high pitch noise coming from the speakers, also the mic doesn't have any noise cancelling so when he plays with friends or other people they all hear what is going on either someone is talking, or another TV is on. It is very sensitive mic that pick up any noise. The plus side of things is that the mic is detachable. Also squeezes your ears to the point they start hurting after an hour of use.

As for the Afterglow Kral, They look cool, the issues that he found with them is that first off they are heavy, not enough padding to support the weight of the headset, the foam inside are like a ear shape, that has been poorly designed that doesn't cover the ear fully and let's sound escape. The bass boost feature makes the sound muddy. This is also strictly a stereo headset not DTS no surround sound. 

He said that you should check out Astro A30.

7 minutes ago, tslammer99 said:

So I reached out to a good friend of mine, and he talks about amazing things about the Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 500P, but he said the biggest issue he finds is the following; Whenever the volume is down the sound breaks and you can hear a squeaky, high pitch noise coming from the speakers, also the mic doesn't have any noise cancelling so when he plays with friends or other people they all hear what is going on either someone is talking, or another TV is on. It is very sensitive mic that pick up any noise. The plus side of things is that the mic is detachable. Also squeezes your ears to the point they start hurting after an hour of use.

As for the Afterglow Kral, They look cool, the issues that he found with them is that first off they are heavy, not enough padding to support the weight of the headset, the foam inside are like a ear shape, that has been poorly designed that doesn't cover the ear fully and let's sound escape. The bass boost feature makes the sound muddy. This is also strictly a stereo headset not DTS no surround sound. 

He said that you should check out Astro A30.

ASTRO Gaming A30 PC Headset Kit (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DPJBT9E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bIlpxbHRDBBP4

Those? Does he recommend anything else? PS Gold Headset? 

Those are a little over 100$ looking for under 100, or slightly over

Haha, I know that is why I didnt say anything earlier, but check out Astro A30 well worth the price.