[MERGED] Career?!

crocski

I am a recent graduate with my degree in Mechanical Engineering (even though I have worked in IT on and off through University). I focused my studies in Computer aided design and CAM.

Doing a-levels at the moment, taking maths phys chem, hoping to do a degree in some sort of mechanical/electronic/aero engineering type course.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I'm doing Game Design at college right now, hope to go onto Game Programming in Uni, possibly in Sweden.

Currently studying Maths, ICT and Product Design at A-Level and cannot decide whether to go to university and study Computer Systems Engineering or to go into an apprenticeship.

Any help?

Thanks buddy! I've sent my applications off I'm just waiting for the replies to come through :)

Currently an Aeronautical Engineering student at college, should have an apprenticeship with Goodrich/AEC or GE next year. I would have liked to do something with computer hardware but this is as close as I could get.
It is a lot of fun, currently building jet engines in class :)
12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I am graduating in May with my Bachelors in Fine Arts for Graphic Design. I will then hopefully get picked up by a firm or be an in house for a large organization!

Been around since the beginning of LTT & the forums, but mostly just lurk!

I am currently a Computer Science Major, debating whether or not to change to Computer Engineering though. I hope to do something with computer security in the long run, but that might change as more opportunities show up.

My Rig:

• CPU: 1090T@4.1ghz
  • GPU: Gigabyte 7870
  • MOBO: Crosshair Formula V
  • RAM: 8GB 1333mhz
  • PSU: 650w corsair HX
  • SSD: 120GB Kingston HyperX
  • Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

Currently doing a Bachelor of Multimedia majoring in Digital Video Production. But the course also extends into Web Design and other areas of technology. Hope to get a job in the field, but I'm not sure exactly what, yet...

I'm in a crappy southern community college right now but I hope to get into some better for 3D Graphic Art's for video games. Which I know is a flooded field right now but it's been what I've wanted since 3D really came into gaming. (Donkey Kong SNES) =P
Check out ETSU (East TN State University). They have a pretty sweet Digital Media Degree! http://etsudigitalmedia.com/curriculum/

Currently a full time student majoring in Anthropology.

Currently a Lead Comp Tech at my dad's company. Any systems that need building and fixing, that's my department, but I also have my own side business called ArkAngel Customs that builds custom PC's.

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

I do PHP Scripting and networking for a Boyscout uniform company in Florida, I have a Masters degree in Networking, a Master degree in Computer science, and a associates degree in Programing

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I.S Technical Support Officer - so I get to play with computers all day - love getting paid to do play with some pretty awesome equipment.

Currently I work as a Sales Consultant for a Telco. So...I tell people what phones to buy. And which ones not to buy.

I'm a Pensioner Due to brain damage affecting my memory from a car crash, in March i start studying part time at Uni to get a Bachelor in IT with focuses on Networking and Hardware.

Grew up with my dad doing Tafe in IT and then my mother did her Masters in IT so i got a lot of foundation knowledge from watching.

Hope to one day work at a Network firm

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Systems Engineer Bach degree, halfway to obtain my Masters Degree in Telematics.

Currently studying for a BA in Commercial music, focusing on technology. Hope to do a Masters after Honours.

Rig: CPU: 1x quad core potato(4.6GHz). Cooling: Iced Tea. GPU: AMD HDToaster. Motherboard: Asus "Stale Bread Extreme Edition". RAM: 2x 4GB sticks of 1600MHz celery. PSU: 650w Roborovski Hamster in wheel.  Storage: Many Floppy Disks. 

I'm currently learning electronic engineering, Modern Physics and Math. And I know this may sound weird but, I want to be a teacher!

Currently studying for a BSc in Computing at University in England. Hoping to go onto a Masters focused in Network Technology after. I do have a work placement at the UK plant of the Nissan Motor Company this semester, so hopefully I can gain some contacts and possibly go back to work after I have finished my education if they are impressed with my work.

Currently studying for a BSc in Computing at University in England. Hoping to go onto a Masters focused in Network Technology after. I do have a work placement at the UK plant of the Nissan Motor Company this semester, so hopefully I can gain some contacts and possibly go back to work after I have finished my education if they are impressed with my work.
That sounds awesome. How many year you have left for your BSc?

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

1 year and 2 semesters left of my BSc then another year for my MSc :)

I just graduated with a BSc. in Nursing but I'm taking some time off from everything before I look for a full time job. I've spent 6 years straight in university (2 years in bio sci) and I'm just burnt out. I'll probably go back to school in the Fall, to make things worse.