[MERGED] Career?!

crocski

Software Engineer in all likelihood...not sure what my goal is.

Currently back at school to finish up my degree, but took the past couple years off for various internships to get a feel for things.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Still in 10th grade on my side, but I will probably go for something tech related. Can't see why, but I have to wait and see.

MEH

Currently studying Maths, ICT and Product Design at A-Level and cannot decide whether to go to university and study Computer Systems Engineering or to go into an apprenticeship.

Any help?

I'm almost finished with upper secondary school, technically I've got a month of school and then " reading vacation" and my exams.

Then I have 6, 9 or 12 months in the military and then going to study something IT related.

I am currently 14, I have started a hobby tech company (I make websites for people, build computers, fix computers etc.) I love this and would love to do it for a living. If you have time, check out http://stuartsict.com. It's my website tell me what you think!

Like the title says - What do you guys do for a living?

Im a Chef apprentice/student

I am 14, so I don't need a job. But I really want to go in to you tube. ;)

nothing

actually I have a youtube channel, Ymac101

Currently studying a masters degree in Aerospace Engineering, so hoping to be an Aerospace Engineer in a few years :)

You were a noob once too!

I'm a student in 10th grade. I go to school, study, sit for exams, and during my free time, I browse the net and forums such as this one, and play computer games.

Full time job CNC op.

Hobby... eveerything about PC. Also earn some money with this and that project.

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

I'm pirate. U ban me Linus?

I am 14, so I don't need a job. But I really want to go in to you tube. ;)

Cool vid man, been in the YouTube gig for a few years now.

Cheers

Currently studying a master's degree in Aerospace Engineering, so hoping to become an Aerospace Engineer in a few years. Surprised by the number of fellow Aero's I've seen on here already! :)

You were a noob once too!

Currently a Computer Science student, I've been told I need to get a job, and the only place I would even think of getting a job is at Novatech which is a very nice local computer store... Maybe they'll see this an employ me as a computer builder? :)

I'm currently a senior high school student, but I've started applying to USA. My goal is to get a degree in Civil Engineering, and then continue with Master and PhD

After that I may open my own business in USA or continue my father's construction company in Albania.

I'm 14 years old. Studying in 8th grade.

Currently an Aeronautical Engineering student at college, should have an apprenticeship with Goodrich/AEC or GE next year. I would have liked to do something with computer hardware but this is as close as I could get.
That sounds like a lot of fun!

Current Rig:

Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.7GHz stock volts

Corsair A70

ASUS M4N75TD

WD 500GB Black Drive

WD 1TB Blue Drive

XFX GTS 250 at stock settings

XFX 650W XXX edition PSU

OCZ BE 4GB @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Mushkin Radioactive 8GB @ 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Cooler Master CM690II Advanced edition

I am a University student studying Applied Math and Computer Science. I want to help in developing a Quantum computer, but if that doesn't work then I would be fine with doing research on nanotechnology.

Current Rig:

Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.7GHz stock volts

Corsair A70

ASUS M4N75TD

WD 500GB Black Drive

WD 1TB Blue Drive

XFX GTS 250 at stock settings

XFX 650W XXX edition PSU

OCZ BE 4GB @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Mushkin Radioactive 8GB @ 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Cooler Master CM690II Advanced edition

I'm a parasite of society and live on my parents' shoulders, lol.

I study aerospace engineering in Milan, Italy.

Hopefully I'll be able to live on my own in 3-4 years. In the meanwhile I do maths, play skyrim and starve to death to buy a new monitor.

Because dragons.

Per aspera sic itur ad astra.

I'm in a crappy southern community college right now but I hope to get into some better for 3D Graphic Art's for video games. Which I know is a flooded field right now but it's been what I've wanted since 3D really came into gaming. (Donkey Kong SNES) =P

I am about to start my 4th semester of college as a Computer & Information Science: Programming major. I am currently working as an independent contractor for several local businesses doing everything from shopping cart CSVs to Web Design. After I obtain my Associates, I plan on working for a few years to save money in order to obtain my Bachelors. I currently have my TestOut PC Pro Certification, thanks to my Hardware & Support Professor. I would really like to just code all day, there is nothing more rewarding, albeit sometimes frustrating.

A word to the recent HS grads/other college guys - Invest in some nice clothes, there's nothing impressive about someone wearing faded/torn jeans and sneakers. Trade the faded/torn jeans in for some dark jeans or slacks and the sneakers for some sweet chukka boots. As for the shirts, you cannot go wrong with a nice button up and a sweater/sweater vest/cardigan.

Great advice...I'll make sure to clean up =P

Sounds like you're doing well.. What TestOut PC Pro Certification?

BTW, good luck with your all aspirations..

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

I'm a Commercial Transport Mechanic and i work for the Government, currently live in Vancouver, Canada

Currently studying Maths, ICT and Product Design at A-Level and cannot decide whether to go to university and study Computer Systems Engineering or to go into an apprenticeship.

Any help?

Go on to study bro, stack up those degrees and better your chances. =]

I am currently 14, I have started a hobby tech company (I make websites for people, build computers, fix computers etc.) I love this and would love to do it for a living. If you have time, check out http://stuartsict.com. It's my website tell me what you think!
Reminds me of myself at 13, the making websites part.. Keep it up, you'll only get better. =]