[MERGED] Career?!

crocski

What are you do for living?

If you are still in school, what are you looking to do when its over. Anything tech related?

Share your career goal.

Im looking to get my associates in computer science ( doubt thats even possible though) my selected subject are all messed up, and than a bachelors degree in computer science to become a software engineer.

P.S Im not near to where I wanna be.

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

I am planning to do my Bachelors in Business and majoring in Information technology. From there I would lead onto becoming business systems & security analyst, I would be a contractor which means in my Country I get 50% less tax on my pay check. First year is about $60,000-$90,000 depending on how much I get my name out there.

I am just about to start an it administrator apprenticeship, it is for a year and I am really looking forward to it as it is my first full time job and working in a professional work environment.

I am just about to start an it administrator apprenticeship, it is for a year and I am really looking forward to it as it is my first full time job and working in a professional work environment.
Good Luck, hoping to create an opportunity like that soon.

Currently an Aeronautical Engineering student at college, should have an apprenticeship with Goodrich/AEC or GE next year. I would have liked to do something with computer hardware but this is as close as I could get.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I am planning to do my Bachelors in Business and majoring in Information technology. From there I would lead onto becoming business systems & security analyst, I would be a contractor which means in my Country I get 50% less tax on my pay check. First year is about $60,000-$90,000 depending on how much I get my name out there.
Looks like big money for you in the future, good luck.
12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Im an IT Technician in a school, its got its ups and downs, but its a good starting point to progress forward if nothing else!

Im an IT Technician in a school' date=' its got its ups and downs, but its a good starting point to progress forward if nothing else![/quote']

Is it true that the techies at school play games when they're not actively working? I have strong suspicions about the ones at mine.

Thanks, That is what I am hoping for.

in my last year of school, after that going to do system and network managing.

I have no clue what I want to do in the future(High school student, oh well) but I program and play video games during free time so probably something to do with either of those things (or both?)

I just finished my first semester of college and I am planning to be a computer engineer.

I love technology, plus with the abundance of jobs available and money up for grabs, I figure it's a great option.

in my last year of school, after that going to do system and network managing.
Good luck that holds some money bro..

I study Business management with Finance and financial services; trying to keep my passion for computing a hobby and not a job :)

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

I plan on going to University for Computer Engineering, but I might do Computer Science, or even Electrical Engineering. I'm not really sure, but something along those lines.

I'm getting my bachelors in Classical double bass performance. Rare to find an artistic student not using a mac. Windows 8 ftw

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Im an IT Technician in a school' date=' its got its ups and downs, but its a good starting point to progress forward if nothing else![/quote']

Is it true that the techies at school play games when they're not actively working? I have strong suspicions about the ones at mine.

LOL... The ones I know are probably bored out their minds from not being challenged at all.

I got my Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Aerospace Engineering and I focused on Computer-Aided Engineering for grad school. Doing CAD work, computation, high performance computing etc. In the HPC class it was interesting because I learned about processor architecture and exactly how it works including the different levels of cache.

Right now I work as a Computer-Aided Analysis Engineer doing exactly what I wanted to, using software to simulate products. I have a nice workstation at home but I seriously could use 24 cores and 96gb of RAM.

I am about to start my 4th semester of college as a Computer & Information Science: Programming major. I am currently working as an independent contractor for several local businesses doing everything from shopping cart CSVs to Web Design. After I obtain my Associates, I plan on working for a few years to save money in order to obtain my Bachelors. I currently have my TestOut PC Pro Certification, thanks to my Hardware & Support Professor. I would really like to just code all day, there is nothing more rewarding, albeit sometimes frustrating.

A word to the recent HS grads/other college guys - Invest in some nice clothes, there's nothing impressive about someone wearing faded/torn jeans and sneakers. Trade the faded/torn jeans in for some dark jeans or slacks and the sneakers for some sweet chukka boots. As for the shirts, you cannot go wrong with a nice button up and a sweater/sweater vest/cardigan.

Currently, I am a System & Firmware Engineering working out of Sunnyvale, CA. (at a fabless, RF mixed-signal IC design company) I would definitely encourage others to pursue a career in EE field, and don't limit yourself to digital (analog & system engineers are in much higher demand, more compensated and versatile). At the end of the day, do whatever makes you happy.

-CH

P.s. Definitely agree with Mattress regarding proper attire :) Although, I do favor a pair of black jeans...

I'm a senior in high school and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've been thinking about network management and DNS stuff. That sort of thing. Or maybe programing. I really don't have a solid idea.

Currently I am a full time student at my local community college studying for an Associate's degree in Engineering, one more semester to go! After that I am transferring to Virginia Tech (I have guaranteed admission under an articulation agreement though my current college) to study for a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering with a focus on hardware. After university, I want to land a job with a company like Intel or Google. Not sure what kind of position though. We'll see.

I'm an environmental chemist, graduated from university a couple of years ago with a BSc in chemistry.

I am currently studying software engineering thinking about getting my masters. I would love to work for a game company and create games but honestly i just love programming and anything that i could do to advance the tech would be awesome

Aircraft Technician for the Air Force. Currently maintaining F/A18 Hornets..