Need Dell Windows 7 Pro ISO

dragoncurt

I am trying to get an ISO for my Dell laptop which has  a key for Windows 7 Pro but can't find any where to get an iso. And I don't want to get the iso from some of these torrent sites as I don't think they'll be safe.

I came across this website http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-7-sp1-iso-download/ . Does anyone know if it is safe and if not does anyone know where to get the iso from. 

Maybe the official resource for .iso-files is more suitable?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Of course you will get a Windows without any pre-installed software by Dell.

Furthermore make sure to make backups as always.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

2 minutes ago, annoyingmoments said:

Maybe the official resource for .iso-files is more suitable?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Of course you will get a Windows without any pre-installed software by Dell.

Furthermore make sure to make backups as always.

But I don't think my key will work this this. Thanks though

Just now, dragoncurt said:

But I don't think my key will work this this. Thanks though

It is Microsofts Media Creation Tool. As long as you have a valid key, there should not be any problems.

Maybe the OEM license might be sometimes a little bit weird, but usually there is no problem.

Please post the outcome, whether it worked or not.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

4 minutes ago, annoyingmoments said:

It is Microsofts Media Creation Tool. As long as you have a valid key, there should not be any problems.

Maybe the OEM license might be sometimes a little bit weird, but usually there is no problem.

Please post the outcome, whether it worked or not.

Thanks but it did not work. It shows this 

" The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options. "

Ooops. A quick Google search shows me, that Microsoft restricted Digital River Downloads since February 2015. I guess they are forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10....

Sorry, I couldn´t help you, maybe someone else has a solution.

SilentOcean

11 minutes ago, annoyingmoments said:

Ooops. A quick Google search shows me, that Microsoft restricted Digital River Downloads since February 2015. I guess they are forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10....

Sorry, I couldn´t help you, maybe someone else has a solution.

Not to worry then. Thanks for trying to help though.

Which model the laptop is? It might have recovery partition (unless you've managed to delete it at some point). That would restore it to factory defaults -> Win7. Other option is check Dells site for recovery .ISO.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

OEM keys can only be used once. You are out of luck unless you get Microsoft to issue you another key.

23 hours ago, Rune said:

OEM keys can only be used once. You are out of luck unless you get Microsoft to issue you another key.

Not correct. OEM keys can be used multiple times to reinstall on same mobo. Changing mobo is different thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv